~The x Very x Beginning~

Meteor City

Date: Unkown

The sound of children's laughter echoes, as four pair of feets run up a hill full of junk. 

"Come on Chrollo!" A young girl said, laughing, as she is a step ahead of the young boy behind her. The young boy, Chrollo, laughed as he tried to grab the girl but only caught air. "Kimiko! Wait for me!" 

Both children, while still laughing, reach the top of the hill. Kimiko sighs and sits down on an old tire, staring at the sunset. Chrollo, carefully grabs another tire, and sits besides her. Both just quietly watching as the sun starts to set.

"Hey Chrollo?" Kimiko asks. Without looking away from the sun, he stares at her from the corner of his eyes. "Yes kim?" He replys. The young girl grabs his hand that was laying on his lap. "Do you ever think we'll be something? or someone?" She asks.

Chrollo, confused, fully turns his body towards her. Keeping the one hand thats holding his, he uses his free hand and grabs her right hand. "What do you mean by that?" He asks.

Kimiko, still staring at the sun as its slowly disappearing behind the other pile of junk, lets a tear fall down her cheek. Chrollo quickly wipes it away and went back to holding her hand. "I mean, we'll we ever be someone in life? A lawyer, an assassin, a hunter...a parent? Finding an identity. To be someone in the world. It seems like everythings against us." She says as she turns her body to finally face the young boy before her. "Is my name even Kimiko? What am I suppose to be? Who am I suppose to be? For all we know, we don't exist!" Angrily, she gets up, ripping her hands away from chrollo. 

Chrollo, slowly getting up, grabs the young girl around her waist and hugs her. She hesitantly wraps her small hands around his back. They both silently stand still, only the sound of their breathing was heard and their hearts beating the same tune. 

"Don't worry kim. We'll find out. I promise. We'll work together to get there." Chrollo says as he presses the young girl to him tighter as he himself started to cry as well.

"Forever?" She asks.

"Forever." He promises.

But promises are meant to be broken... 

The next day, the young girl was missing. Chrollo couldn't find her. She was gone. Permanently. Never to be seen or heard of again. 

The young boy later becomes emotionless, cold. He couldn't find it in himself to be mad at her. She could've been taken or worse. 

Killed.

But Chrollo couldn't let these thoughts distract him now. He found a couple of other kids, just like him, and formed a group, a family.

The Phantom Troupe.

✸  ✸  ✸  ✸  ✸  ✸

Real quick note!

I'm so sorry. I haven't been on in a while. With everythings that going on, I didn't feel right. If y'all haven't, please donate to the BLM organizations! Support black owned stores, music artists, makeup lines, etc! Black lives matter!