Love and Fall

"I don't read mean comments," she remembers telling the younger girls.

"I envy your strength,Unnie" Jennie had told her.

But she couldn't make her voice sound like Rosé', nor dance like Lisa or rap fiercely like Jennie.

'She's just a pretty face', the comments said. 'YG's visuals are usually talentless anyway.'

She, Kim Jisoo, had been through the same training, the same sleepless nights, the same discouraging feedbacks from their trainers. But she was still just a pretty face.

'It's not my fault if I look like this," she snapped at the ceiling.

'In Kpop, her visual is nothing special. Every girl group's member is just as pretty and gorgeous as they really are'

She scoffed. "Damn if I'm pretty and damn if I'm not."

She sighed and drank her water.

"Kim Jisoo, let's just work harder," she told herself, clapping her hands. When she tried to pull herself up, she felt a slight twinge in her thigh. She groaned and fell back again. The clock on the wall said it was almost two in the morning.

In about four hours, Chaeyoung would be back in the practice room with her guitar slung across her back for her vocal lessons and dance lessons in preparation for her solo. "Unnie, aren't you pushing yourself too much?" she usually would say innocently after finding Jisoo back here again .

The mean comments were never ending as she was deemed to be the black hole in Blackpink due to her dancing and voice.

Suddenly, the door swung open and Jisoo jumped with a yelp.

A confused face popped in through the door.

"Jisoo?" Kim Ji Won said.

Kim Ji Won who the world knew as Bobby. Bobby with the natural swag, Bobby who won Show me the Money at eighteen, Bobby who attracted both male and female fans, the talented, handsome, popular Bobby.

"You're still here?" He said, coming in. He had on a graphic tank top and baggy combat pants which clearly meant he was going to practice. She knew iKon was gearing up for a comeback and they had evidently been working out non-stop for it.

"Are you coming in now, or have you not left yet?" she asked.

He dropped his bag by the wall and walked over to her. "I'm coming in now. Fell asleep early so I'm making up for it," he explained. "What about you?"

"What do you think?"

His eyes studied the sweat on her forehead, her wet hair and the black T-shirt that clung to her body. "You haven't left yet," he concluded. "Do you plan to continue?" He sat down next to her.

During the day, he would not have dared sit so close amidst watchful eyes. But now, they could put pretensions aside and talk comfortably as they were friends after working closely with each other.

"Do you need the room?" she asked.

"That's not why I asked."

She flopped back down on the floor. "I'm not leaving until I can perfect the choreography."

"That seems a bit much for one night."

She smirked. "You are one to talk. I always see you in the studio or in the practice rooms."

"Waah, I'm flattered that after all this time a girl as pretty as you has still been noticing me" he joked.

Jisoo suddenly felt annoyed by the word 'pretty'. "Yah, I'm not just pretty," she snapped.