~WANTED~

6 am:
"Jordyn Powers", a deep voice calls my name. "What", I say crankily (I am not a morning person). "Let's go your going home ..... go grab your things and get out of here", the guard says. "Gladly", I say coldly. As I pass by the cells I say, " Ladies", taunting them. The girls break out in a riot and I laugh. When I get outside I call a one of my best friends from my gang from a pay phone. She arrived ten minutes later on her black Kawasaki motorcycle. I climbed on her bike and we went to a nearby diner to catch up on the latest news. "You need to get out of here, Jordyn there are gangs after us and I want you to be safe", she say as I sip my milkshake.
"I'm not leaving with out you, I want you to be safe, too", I say sternly. "It's too late, yesterday I shot a gang leader and there on their way now", she warns. "No I -", suddenly a swarm of motorcycles pull up to the diner. "Take my bike and go far away from here", she says giving me the key. I run out the back door into an ally and as I turn the corner to watch the chaos. A gun fired and I watched Sam hit the ground. When the swarm of bikes leave in a hurry I run over to Sam. Tears fill my eyes as she says says her last words, "Get out of here and make something of your self", she slowly says struggling to get the words out. Her body stiffens. She's dead. Sam is really dead. I run into the diner and yell, "Call 911 you idiots, don't just stand around do something", as tears rush down my face. I run out the door taking the keys to Sam's bike and drive, I don't know where I'm going but I just drive. My mind drifts to Sam and all the memories that we shared. Like when we first met we hated each other but later we warmed up to one another and slowly became friends. My thoughts were interrupted by a car horn. I turn the bike off and get off of it. I open the the door of the guy that was beeping at me grab him by his collar an say "What's your problem". "My problem is your sleeping behind the wheel and I'm actually trying to get somewhere", he yells. "Screw you", I throw him to the ground, climbing on top of him and punching him repeatedly until a cop pries me off him and puts me in handcuffs. "You have the right remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you. If you can not afford an attorney one will be provided for you.", he says and shoves me into the cop car. When we arrive at the station they take me to an interrogation room where they ask me some questions. "We pulled a report on you and we know that your sixteen. We can't put you in jail but we can ask you some questions while we still have you here. We are aware that you just got out from six months in a juvenile detention center five hours ago. Our question is, ... how did you get to New York if your family lives in Detroit?", they ask.
"First of all let's cut the crap, I may be sixteen but I know my rights. You can not question me if there is no missing persons filed. So if you'll excuse me I'm going to leave now", I say walking out of the room like a boss. I whistle as a taxi goes by and I jump in. "Take me to the nearest homeless shelter", I demand as I grab my last twenty dollars out of my leather jacket and wait until we arrive. Twenty minutes later I jump out of the taxi and had the man the money. As he drives away I spot a bank and remember what my mom said the day she died of breast cancer. "I made a bank account for you and Sofia (my sister) for emergencies only", remembering what she said. God I miss her, I thought. I walk towards the bank and ask to take $500 out of the Powers account he hands me the cash and I head back to the shelter. I walk in and approach the counter asking if I could stay there and I wrote my name on the sign up sheet and went to my temporary bedroom it was a small room with a bed, nightstand, and an alarm clock. It wasn't a lot but it will have to work for now. Curfew is at 9:00 pm and it's 12:45 so I start by walking to the mall. I needed some clothes for school and it starts tomorrow. I got in the mall and I was immediately in heaven. I bought a whole wardrobe, I basically went to all of the stores and it was a big mall. By the time I was done it was 8:25 so I started walking to the shelter and stopped at McDonalds. I arrived at the shelter at exactly 9:00 pm. I head up to my room and set down my shopping bags and change into some short shorts and a t-shirt after I take hot shower. I lay down and stare at the ceiling slowly falling into a deep sleep.