Chapter 2 Lydia

KARLI GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!! Screams Lydia , yes ma'am I holler back this can't be good. As I slowly walk down the stairs ready for whatever I did wrong this time, I see Lydia standing there her cloudy gray eyes full of rage. WERE THE HELL WERE YOU EARLIER! She screams / slurs at me as I reach the bottom of the stairs. YOU NEVER CAME TO LUNCH!! , now usually she doesen't care what the heck we do but she s very particular about me but ever since I snuck out one night on a Friday she has had her eyes on me constantly.

I... I.. Was out taking a walk with logan and... And anyway I wasn't hungry I say looking at the ground. I'm sorry I really am and it won't happen ag- SLAP!! And just as I was apologizing she slaps me hard across the face.

OWWWWW! I scream in pain, what was that for! WHAT WAS THAT FOR..... WHAT WAS THAT FOR!! Lydia laughs an evil scratchy laugh. THAT WAS FOR BEING ALIVE YOU DINGY BRAT NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM AND DONT COME DOWN FOR DINNER. As soon as she told me to leave I bolted up the stairs like my life depends on it . ( which it might have if i didn't leave fast enough) I knew she had a drinking problem but whenever she went out and got drunk she came back to the orphanage and did crazy things.

As I lay sprawled out on my bed I think about what Lydia said THAT WAS FOR BEING ALIVE YOU DINGY BRAT .... I know she was drunk but what if she meant it .... The words replay in my mind and I think wouldn't life be better if I wasn't here....... I always make things harder for everyone else.
I just can't take it here anymore I think as I
got back up and got a piece of paper from the notebook I found on the ground yesterday and start listing the thing I will need to survive on my own.

Water

Food

Blankets

Shelter

And maybe once I turn 17 someone will hire me for a job

Water should be easy to get but with food I will just have to attend every breakfast lunch and dinner and sneak little bits of food upstairs to save. I never was over weight but I'm not like those beautiful blonde girls either I have dark muddy brown hair and my skin is pale the only thing I like about myself is my sea green eyes to me they are absolutely beautiful.

I can steal the blankets when the maid who comes once a week to wash them and shelter? I don't know about yet. I am thinking about telling logan my plans to leave but I don't know if he will make me stay by threatening to tell Lydia. But who cares I am way to tired right now no I will figure it out in the morning.