Chapter 1: Chocolate Covered Strawberry

The loud school bell rang, as I rushed to the first class on my schedule. I look down at the crinkled, white paper with calculus honors in bold.

"Room 506, room 506," I repeated to myself as I frustratedly walked down the hall for the door.

"Hey!," shouted a boy behind me. The sounds of his shoes squeaked against the polished white floor as he ran towards me. "Do you need help?"

I turned to face a tall, brunette with deep chocolaty eyes, framed with thick black lashes. He had a muscular, lean build similar to a soccer player with a sharp, clean jawline. I stepped back a bit appalled by this sexy son of a bitch and trip over a mop bucket. He swiftly grabs my arm to steady me with a genuine look of worry.

I laugh, uncomfortably. "I'm so clumsy."

"It's alright. Happens to us once in a while," he says, sweetly with the same wide eyed look of care. "So, need some help?"

"Oh yeah!," I shouted as my gears start turning again. I hand him my schedule.

"Come with me to the office and I'll get the registrar to give you a tardy pass," he insisted.

"Are you a student here?," I blurted out.

"Yeah, I just have teacher assistant for first," he replied happily. While he chatted with the registrar, I stared at the way his messy hair fell right above his finely shaped eyebrows. So fixed at that point, I didn't realize that he had already left and was beckoning me at the exit. As we walked to my first period, I dazed at him as he babbled about chemistry.
"So you're new here right?," he abruptly asked. He waved at me, trying to awake me from my trance. Two prominent dimples formed on his blushing cheeks. Ridiculously embarrassed, I scrambled for words to say, but none came. We both burst out laughing at each other's flusteredness.
As we approached room 506, he said, "well I guess I see you around?" He nervously ran his fingers through his thick sun kissed brown hair. I nod with a smile as I reach for the door, later frustrated by my lack of conversational skills. Then, remembering something, I turned.
"What's your name?" I asked, but found an empty hallway when I turned around. Still stunned by his sudden disappearance, I, unwillingly, enter the classroom and pick a seat amongst the sea of judging looks. A fluttery sigh escapes my lips as I stare out the window, wishing for his sweet company.