LE SON: PRÈLUDE

Talk to me softly
There's something in your eyes
Don't hang your head in sorrow
And please don't cry

I know how you feel inside I've
I've been there before
Somethin' is changin' inside you
And don't you know

Don't Cry
- Guns N' Roses

Don't Cry- Guns N' Roses

The long, elegant fingers glided swiftly on the old keyboard, echoing notes in a hypnotizing song in the room. A dimple formed in the corner of her rosy lips as she gave him a sweet smile. Her hazel eyes with green flecks locked his golden ones in a game of seduction. She continued playing without moving her eyes, the music becoming slowly passionate.
He smirked from the doorframe and walked a few steps before reaching her at the grandiose piano decorating the spacious room. With a hand on her waist, he put her up on her feet, their bodies close. He moved his other hand on her soft cheek, caressing it as if scared not to break it ー she was in his arms again.

In a matter of seconds, the girl started coughing, blood spilling on her hand and onto the marble floor. His eyes became big at the sight. The girl took a few steps back, still coughing.

"No, don't go away from me!" he shouted, trying to approach her again. He took another step, and another step, but to no use. She was still far away. Tears rolled down her cheeks all the way to her lips as she silently mouthed a sentence before her body dropped dead to the ground.

"NO!" Axel jumped with eyes wide open only to find himself on the red velvet couch from his waiting room.

With one punch on the couch, he stood up, head on his hands. He thought it stopped. He thought he could finally get over it! It has been almost two centuries since then. She was already dead for so long, yet her image was clear in all of his nightmares. Every time, I just lost her all over again.

Cursing, he went to the vanity that had its mirror covered, putting his black leather jacket on. There was no bigger fear than seeing the incomplete reflection of a dead man walking alone his whole life. Searching in the jacket's pockets, he took one pill out and put it in his mouth, swallowing it without water. One knock on the door before it was opened, and the now-balding forehead of his manager's assistant showed up. Lenon, a man only in his thirties, although he looked more like forty, probably used to be a loser in his early years and now was an obsessively organized person, overly stressing when, to Axel at least, it seemed not to be the case.

"Five minutes before you go on the stage," he reminded him, a roll of papers, probably schedules and checklists, in his hand as he used it to hit the door. Before closing the door, he opened it again. "Don't get too high and be late again," he warned.

"Yes, yes," Axel motioned his hand to let him know he should leave before Lenon, although unbelieving, closed the door. He yawned, stretching a bit before taking off the lid of the whiskey bottle. At first, wanting to pour it into the refined glass that was lying next to it on the table, he changed his mind, putting the bottle to his lips. He took a big sip and let it back where it was before leaving the waiting room.