Chapter 1

I ran through the large field.  Panting softly I could feel them fastly gaining on me as they were bigger and faster than me.  I ran near to some trees and used my small stature to my advantage, dropping down onto my belly I quickly changed direction and heard the wolves become winded by the impact of them hitting the trees.  I ran to a small ditch and shifted back to a human due to my fear.  I curled up into a ball, my small 4 foot stature making me look weaker than I already felt at the moment.  The wolves sniffed for me but could no longer smell a lamb as I had shifted.  They looked around and when they spotted me the largest wolf broke out into a wolfish grin before I heard the cracking of bones signaling he was changing back.  I trembled and let out a small whimper as I knew they were sure to kill me now.  I quickly blinked back tears not wanting to look weaker than I already did infront of the unforgiving eyes watching me.  The wolf's human form was a male of large stature.  He had jet black hair, unforgiving eyes and a cocky smirk plastered on his face.  His face was flawless, as was his body.  He was toned in all the right places and had tattoos covering the vast majority of his chest and arms.  He was already wearing a pair of shorts when he shifted.  I was jealous of the modesty he was allowed to have whilst I was left laying naked and shivering on the forest floor.  Not that it would matter anyway when they eventually would hurt me.  "G-go on then.  If-if you are go-go-going to kill me then ple-pl-please get it over with.  Do-don't play w-w-w-with your food."  I visibly cringed saying the last part.  That's all I am to these people.  A quick snack that is easily forgotten about later on.  No guilt or shame.  No stopping to think that I have feelings too.  My mother told me that I was better off with her and my father and  that they were being kind to treat me with at least some dignity.  She told me that everyone that will meet me will want to kill me and that I would deserve it if I did get killed.  My small stature causes me to be easily bullied and taken for granted.  People often dismiss that I could ever be capable of standing up for myself.  The worst part about it is that they are not wrong.  

The other wolf shifted and elbowed the first sharply in the side.  The first wolf hissed at this and glared at the second wolf whilst he spoke to me.  "Hey there.  I won't hurt you I promise.  My name is Jamie and I am a beta wolf."He said the last part proudly.  "What is your name little lamb?" He questioned quietly.  He acted as if he thought speaking too loudly would break me.  As if I was fragile.  He was right to treat me that way, I knew if he would have been any less kind to me I would have suffered at the hands of a panic attack.  My worst enemy.  "M-m-my name is Dion sir." I said in a small frail tone.  I couldn't help the way I speak.  I have always been shy and anxious and if my voice raises above a certain level it becomes difficult for me to speak. Jamie smiled at my answer and beckoned for me to come over to them.  I blushed and whispered "I-I don't me-mean to be disr-dis-disrespectful but I have no clo-clothes."  His cheeks turned pink and his eyes widened in recognition.  "Oh!  Here you go" and with that he threw me a pair of shorts from behind a tree.  I returned his gesture with a small smile and quickly covered up.  I then stood up to speak to them whilst making sure to keep my head down.  I had to hold onto the shorts to make sure they stayed up on my skinny body.  I was very nervous because compared to these wolves I was the size of a bug they could crush with their foot.  I barely came up to either of their chests.  

The first wolf spoke for the first time and his voice commanded respect "Why were you on my territory?  I could have you killed in an instance." His voice boomed.  I sank to my knees, compelled by the strength of his voice and attempted an answer.  I could barely hear myself over the loud beating of my heart and rush behind my ears.  "I-I-I-I wa-was here be-be-be-be-" My speech stopped and my eyes rolled back to my head as I fainted.  Now I was sure to die.

Kaden's POV

Me and my Beta Jamie were out chasing prey when I came across a scent that was impossible around here.  We were hunting on a small clearing that was surrounded by woodland and I had smelt a lamb.  The lamb was alone without it's mother and it was very small.  My predatory instincts cut in as me and Jamie began chasing the lamb.  It suddenly lay down and me and Jamie went flying into a tree.  I let out a wheeze, now determined to find that lamb and make it pay.  No creature will ever out smart a werewolf, and nobody will ever out smart me.  Not if I have anything to do with it.  I sniffed the air but no longer smelt a lamb anywhere nearby which confused me.  I told Jamie through the mindlink to keep searching as it couldn't have gone far.  That is when we came across a small boy.  He was curled up into a ball and shaking.  I grinned widely and changed back into a human before Jamie did the same.  Jamie spoke to him and he sounded pathetic and weak.  The stuttering made me quickly lose my patience.  Surely this is not the lamb that we were chasing earlier.  The only shifters known were wolf shifters which me and Jamie were.  I blocked out most of his and Jamie's conversation only learning his name which was Dion.  Jamie passed him some shorts and he then stood.  I then got the chance to have a proper look at him.  He was not a child and looked around the same age as me 17.  He had light brown hair and his nose was small with many freckles on top of it.  He had big green innocent looking eyes and was small and skinny which caused me to believe he was a child prior.  I was bored of Jamie asking stupid questions when I suddenly burst.  I shouted loudly at him asking why he was on my territory and he tried to respond.  His nerves got the best of him as he fainted instantaneously.  I felt instantly guilty and bent down to pick him up.  As our skin connected I felt sparks fly up and down my arms and I shivered in delight.  My heart started beating faster and my skin felt warmer.  This was my mate.  I started drowning in guilt and ran back to the pack whilst calling for a doctor to come as soon as they could

Looking at my mate I vowed that I would always protect him and I vowed I would never be the one to cause him fear ever again.  I still didn't know why he was paired with me.  I am a strong alpha and he is a frail lamb.