02

"oh shit," he breathed out.

-

admittedly, the other boy was also rather shocked when the eyes of the boy he was silently admiring fluttered open, making him almost lose his concentration and almost topple on top of him. "what the hell, you aren't supposed to open-" he stopped himself, realising the severity of this incident. he watched as the other silently panicked, his eyes darting left and right. so many thoughts were bouncing throughout joshua's head. so this game was real? and jeonghan's a demon? does that mean he's going to haunt me? 

jeonghan seemed to sense the other's distressed and slightly tightened his hold on joshua's skinny waist. he responded with a small hiss, not being able to free his arms due to being sandwiched between everyone. realising he couldn't do anything, he just bit his lip and started to look everywhere but at the demon floating over him. a small smirk tugged at jeonghan's lips, and he decided to ignore what was going to be the aftermath of all of this for now.

"trust me," he whispered, sending chills through joshua's body.

slowly, he began to lift joshua's body, just as the humans below did. squeals erupted around the circle, but the eyes of joshua and jeonghan stayed locked. the demon didn't want to leave, return to the hellhole his stayed in (no pun intended). 

but it was his duty to report back in time, so jeonghan sighed, tapping joshua's forehead gently. eyes closed, he mouthed, and joshua obeyed his instructions, thinking still a little fogged from the alcohol in his system.

when he opened his eyes, jeonghan was already gone.

-

joshua leaned forward onto his folded arms on the table, looking spaced out while the others rambled on about what happened at the party. and yoon jeonghan was leaning his chin on joshua's shoulder. he quickly found out that the other's couldn't see nor hear the demon, therefore he'd have to keep the interactions between them minimal so that no one would think he's insane. however, he was having a rather hard time with the task. "hey cutie~ what are you doing this afternoon?"

"shut up," he muttered, being cautious to whisper. jeonghan gave his forehead a small tap, joshua flinching away at the sudden action. junhui turned at the sudden movement from beside him, staring at joshua. "you good bro?" joshua rubbed his forehead, frowning, "just a bug." junhui gave him a weird look, "whatever you say." 

junhui pulled minghao aside after the bell had rung, tugging him behind a nearby pillar. "what the-" the boy being pinned down began, but the other quickly covered his mouth, shushing him. "don't you think... something about joshua seems a little off today?" minghao rolled his eyes, slapping junhui's hand away. "aish, isn't he always weird?" 

"no!" he exclaimed, accidentally slapping minghao in the face as he flung his hands around for emphasis. "sorry-- he looks like there's someone trying to kidnap him!" minghao rubbed his cheek, frowning. "i'm sure it's nothing strange, let's just give it a day. i can't deal with this shit right now," he groaned, pulling junhui away.

the boy pouted, shoulders slumping. "i still think there's something fishy..." he mumbled to himself as he followed minghao back to the others.

-

joshua plopped down on his bed, turning to face the boy who's been bothering him the whole day. "how long are you going to follow me around for?" he sat up and grabbed his water from his bag, taking a sip as he waited for an answer. 

"around... 10 years i think?" joshua choked on his water. "i'm sorry, what?!" he screwed the cap on, facing the other. jeonghan only shrugged, "hey, do you really dread being near me for just 10 years?" joshua took a deep breath in. "jeonghan, my parents are priests. they're bound to find out somewhere along those ten years!" 

the demon's shiny red eyes widened, "well that's a bit of an issue." joshua gave him a swift glare before flopping back down on the covers. "you think?" the demon snickered at the grumpy boy before diving onto the bed next to joshua, causing him to yelp.

joshua didn't hesitate to shove him off. "nuh-uh, you are not touching my bed. i don't need your evil spirit all over me while i sleep," he frowned while jeonghan laughed. "where do i sleep then? your floor?" the other nodded quickly at the idea, causing the demon's smirk to fall. 

"what a rude way to treat a guest" he sighed, leaning back against the foot of the bed. "you aren't a guest," came the reply, "you're just haunting me or something because of some stupid party game!" a head of fluffy hair popped up. "so yes, you can sleep on the floor" he concluded, tucking himself under the blankets.

jeonghan laughed, obeying his commands never the less. he lay down on the hard floor and closed his eyes, lying on his side so that his tail wouldn't get squished.