Prologue

The man stares at the screen, his eyes never leaving the image in front of him. He watches as the young, blonde haired, blue eyed boy slashes his way through zombie horde after zombie horde. Of course, it is only a game. A game the boy may have played once to many. The boy cheers as the phrase "Level 25" flashes across the screen, his new personal best. A small, coarse laugh escapes from the mans lips. "Amateur," The man remembers when he himself had gotten to "Level 25" so many years ago.

This boy will do nicely, the man thinks to himself. He turns in his chair to look at another screen, this one filled with the image of a beautiful, young girl who was staring at a blank disk in her hands. She brushes her long, black hair that so perfectly frames her pale face out of her eyes. Yes, this girl doesn't see much light. He watches as the girl's pale, long fingers slides the disk into the game station, a small sneer appearing on his face. The girl sits back against the red, leathery couch. She picks up her game controller as the words, "Click here to begin," appears on the screen. She presses the play button, squirming around to get comfortable.

The man barks out a laugh as a rotten, decomposing corpse suddenly appears, causing the girl to jump back in fright,her long, black hair falling over her face. The girl settles back down, and gets ready to play. On the screen, besides the zombie, is a room with a wooden bench, urinal, and a sink with a torn poster above it. "Pick your weapon," an animated robot voice instructs. The girl begins to turn her character around, but is called out of the room. She pauses the game and walks onto the next room. The man curses whoever called her out of the room under his breathe, turning back to the screen with the boy.

The boy is still playing the zombie game, but now there is another person there with him, another boy around the same age. This boy has short, spiked brown hair, which he keeps coming back with his hand. "Hmph, when did he get there?" The man asks aloud, wondering how he missed it. He never misses anything, so how could he have missed this new boy? Whatever, it doesn't matter. What matters is how he will get the boy, or boys if he is lucky, to play his, special, game. The man smiles as a woman, presumingly the mom, comes in with an envelope, HIS envelope, and hands it to the blonde haired boy. They pause the game, and the spikey haired boy watches as his friend opens the envelope.

The blonde haired boy pulls out a hand written letter, one of the many the man has made for his "special" game. Both boys read the letter, confused at what it says. On the letter are instructions. Instructions to an abandoned game store, where a special, unlabeled disk, much like the one the girl has, is hidden for the boy to find. The disk is, in fact, a special game, in which there is a tournament the man is hosting. A dangerous tournament.

The man looks back at the girls screen as she walks back into the room. She sits back down in the couch, and picks up the controller. She presses play and turns around the room, looking for any type of weapon. Suddenly, above the bench, a whole array of weapons appears. There are knives, machetes, bats, spears, a few pistols, some ammo for the pistols, crowbars, hammers, and even wooden boards. The girl picks up her weapon of choice, a rusty machete. She turns her character around, and bumped into a metal bar. She looks from left to right and realizes the metal bar is part of a cage. She is in a jail cell, and the door is open. She walks out of her jail cell, and the door closes shut, locking her out.

She stares across at another cell. On her left is a concrete wall with a torn poster of a man in black and white striped clothes behind the bars of a jail cell. On her right is a hallway, lined on either side with more jail cells, eight in all. That means there are ten cells in total, five on each side. At the opposite end of the hall is a closed door, with a tiny, six inch by six inch window covered in gunk. She starts to walk down toward the door when a zombie appears right in front of her. "Let's see if you can survive this in real life!" The zombie screeches, reaching out for her. The zombie bursts into flames and the whole screen is filled with a brilliant, white light. The doors in the actual room slam shut and the lights explode in small balls of fire and smoke. The girl throws her game controller to the ground and screams, making her way toward the door.

She tries opening the door, but it won't budge. Suddenly, a blinding light appears in the middle of the room. A long, tendril of light shoots out of the ball of light, reaching towards the girl. It wraps around the girls waist, causing her to let loose a bloodcurdling scream. The light begins pulsing and expands until the whole room is covered in light. The screen in which the man is looking at becomes too bright even for him to look at. The light then suddenly disappears, leaving smoking, overturned furniture. There is no trace of the girl, she is gone. The man turns to look at a third screen on his left, his game screen. On the screen is the same jail cell that was on the game, the game the girl played. And inside the cell, screaming and crying, is the pale girl with long, black hair. The man smiles, showing his missing front tooth and yellow teeth, ready to begin the game.

============================================================
Ok so I'm trying to write a good story that people will like. If I get enough views, likes, and comments then I'll post chapter 1 to this story, so please share with your friends!! Thanks😄😃😀😊☺️. -A