Prologue

When they met, it was under the hot summer sun during summer school, and they were all part of a club at their middle school. The club was introduced by a new student that came in, who frowned at the thought that there wasn't a music club and mostly clubs for academics and sports. It made sense, the school didn't have much funding and focused on the academics and athletes more when it came to talents. But, with enough of bothering the principal and faculty, the student was able to finally get permission from a teacher to use one of the classrooms for the first club meeting. Seven boys came, each with their own intentions of entering the club. Min Yoongi wrote poetry, and although there wasn't a poetry club, lyrics are close enough to poetry. Kim Taehyung plays saxophone and wanted the space to play it. Kim Namjoon likes to rap, if given the chance he would love to perform his lyrics. Park Jimin isn't really musical, he's more of a dancer, but if possible he wondered if entering the music club will give them the stage he needs to perform. Jung Hoseok was forced to enter a club after his parents found out he streets dance, they forbid him to continue and told him to choose a club from school to be a part of and that would be his extracurricular that they would pick him up from everyday. Jeon Jungkook and Kim Seokjin were dragged into the club after promise there would be food when the flyer was given to them by the new student. Though, the new student didn't expect only boys to come.

"You're a girl" Namjoon remarks as the seven boys stand by the entrance of the empty classroom. She stops midway of blowing a balloon, letting it go in excitement as it flies around the room deflating with a loud farting sound to go with it.

"Oh my god, welcome to the music club!" She jumps up excitedly, standing in front of a semi-circle of desks with light snacks from the convenient store on them. There were balloons of different sizes around the classroom, streamers taped up, and a colorful banner behind her that read, "It's a Boy!"

"Who's pregnant?" Taehyung points up at the banner with a smile on his face, looking around and expecting a gender reveal. The young girl turns red from embarrassment, "sorry, they didn't have any other banners for me to buy, and this one just looks so colorful so I thought, why not" she shrugs. The young girl was shorter than most of them, though around the same height as Jungkook, Jimin, and Yoongi. She had dark brown hair that was usually always tied into two braids. She wore the usual school uniform, and judging by the schoolwork poking out of her bag, she was in her first year of middle school. She was in the same grade as Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin, a grade below from Namjoon and Hoseok, and two grades below from Yoongi and Seokjin who are in their last year of middle school.

"Though, I didn't think there'd be so many boys turning out. But I guess that makes sense, sorry if some of you were expecting girls to be here too," she scratches the back of her head awkwardly.

"Music isn't a gender thing, no worries" Namjoon waves off.

"Though it is odd its only us guys and one girl" Jin mutters.

"Oh yea, I guess I just don't have the greatest reputation among the female population..." she cringes, "a lot of them don't seem to like me, I am a bit of a klutz and a scatterbrain you could say." Yoongi's been silent for the most part, but he couldn't help the small smile that escapes from him in response to how adorable she was.

"Well, some of us don't have the best reputations either, so no worries" Hoseok responds.

"Yeah, I'm the worst student there is in this school" Jungkook admits with a shrug.

"Being a street dancer doesn't give off the best impression" Hoseok adds on with a blush on his smiley face. The young girl smiles at those responses, "well that makes me feel better." She bows her head, "hello, my name is Seon Yunhee, the creator of this club. Thank you for joining me! I hope we have lots of fun together." The eight of them exchange thoughtful glances and smiles before they get into club activities.