CHAPTER 3

A/N: Sorry it is so short! I am having writers block!

"Carlos! You don't even have to ask! YES YES YES!!!"

Carlos lept off the ground and enveloped me in an enormous hug that swept me off my feet. I looked into his eyes, which were glowing with happiness. His whole face was glowing. I leaned my head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

"Carlos?"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared. What will my mum say? What will everyone else say? I mean I know that Ben and Mal are engaged but..."

Carlos put a finger over my mouth and said, "We will fight those battles as they come to us. There is no need to worry about that now."

That reassured me a lot. 

TIME SKIP to the next day

I walked around the school building. I rubbed the underside of the engagement ring that Carlos gave me. I smiled thinking of the tender moments I had spent with him yesterday after we got back from the walk.

"JANE!" Mal yelled from across the courtyard.

Oh no, I thought to myself. 

"Hey, hey. I was wondering if you could sign these decorations for Ben and I's engagement..."

I looked up to see what was wrong, and I saw her staring down at my hand. Specifically, the ring Carlos gave me.

"Wha..." Mal stuttered. "He gave this to you?"

I looked down at the ring and reassured myself of what Carlos had told me yesterday. I took a deep breath and told her what had happened.

"Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe this is happening. Does Fairy Godmother know?"

"Not yet. I don't know how to tell her..."

Mal cut in saying, "Nevermind about her, I'll handle it. You go and make sure that you are prepared for the press, OK?"

I was shocked about what had just happened. Mal had just finished telling me to prepare when she just ran off. I connected the dots slowly in my head and realised that she was going to tell my mother. I immediately ran after her, forgetting my books that were strewed across the ground.