6

"Dad!! Come on, please teach Mr. Sasuke how to sew!" Boruto pleaded while Himawari tugged on his pant leg, begging to play with him.
"Boruto, I am the Hokage. I have countless responsibilities." Naruto replied, trying to keep his cool.
"But I promised it to him. Do you really want to let your best friend down?"
Naruto then decided it would just be best to help Sasuke and avoid the arguing.
"I guess not," He sighed, "I'll tell Sasuke he can meet me in the clearing at 4 p.m.. I'll bring the sewing supplies." God, I sound like such an old granny.
"Um, if there's anything I can do to help you I'd be-" Boruto started, suddenly feeling a little bit guilty about pressuring his father so much.
"It's alright. This will be a good way to welcome him back the Hidden Leaf." Naruto interjected. On the inside, he was actually really happy to get this chance to catch up with Sasuke.
"Breakfast is served!" Hinata called out. Sasuke sat up from the couch, having been asleep. Himawari, Boruto, and Naruto headed to the table. Sasuke got up, put on his shoes and headed for the door.
"Where are you going, Sasuke?" Hinata asked.
"It was very nice for you to let me stay here, but I don't want to intrude anymore than I already have," Sasuke replied, "I'm really not that hungry, anyway." His growling stomach suggested otherwise.
"Come on, just eat with us!" Himawari said with a grin.
"Are you sure?" Sasuke asked, looking at Naruto and Hinata.
"Don't worry about it!" Naruto boomed, his smile an exact replica of Himawari's. Hinata nodded in agreement.
"O-okay." Sasuke walked over to the table and sat down. The grilled fish and rice looked delectable. He couldn't wait to dive in.
"Hinata does make a pretty good breakfast." Naruto said, noticing Sasuke's hungering gaze at the food set before him.
"Huh? O-oh yeah, it looks delicious." Sasuke said, a little bit flustered.
All five of them practically inhaled the food set before them. The adults then chatted for a while while Boruto and Himawari went to go get dressed for the day. After they finished their conversation (mostly about what everyone in the village was up to), Sasuke decided to hit the road.
"I should probably get going now." Sasukes said, and gathered his things (not much).
"Alright. Oh! I forgot to tell you that I'll teach you to sew at the clearing in the forest. Is 4 okay?" Naruto hollered after him.
"Uh, yeah, 4 works fine. Thank you!" Sasuke stuttered, then headed to leave.
After he left, the two began to talk again.
"Why does he need you to teach him how to sew?" Hinata asked quizzically.
"You know about the fight with Sarada. He decided to knit her a scarf to try and make up with her. Sasuke's not very good at communicating things verbally." Naruto stated.
"But you're the Hokage. Aren't you too busy?" Hinata was seething on the inside. This stupid bitch can't even make time for his family but when Sasuke shows up he suddenly has all the time in the world? She thought.
"I thought this could be a nice way to welcome him home."
"How lovely. Well, I should get ready to go out with Himawari." Hinata muttered.
"Okay! Have fun with her!" Naruto said, and got up to leave for work.

3:30 rolled around and Naruto decided now would be a good time to head to the clearing. He had been looking forward to it all day. It had distracted him from work a few times throughout the day, but that didn't matter. Naruto was just excited to get to know the new Sasuke!

Sasuke had mostly been wandering around the town the whole day. It was interesting to see how much some of the houses had changed or been torn down/replaced. The town itself wasn't that much different, though. He stopped for lunch at Ichiraku Ramen (again) and was greeted by unpleasant memories from the evening before. After he slurped up the rest of his ramen, he practiced his apology to Sarada in his head. When Sasuke had perfected it, he decided to head to the clearing to get the sewing lesson from Naruto. As he walked, he hoped that things wouldn't be too weird between them. This was their first one-on-one time in 12 years and he was a little nervous. This is so unlike me, being nervous to talk to Naruto. He seems like the same old loser. Except he's now the Hokage.
Things shouldn't have changed that much between us.
Right?

Right.

lmaoooooooo sorry for the rather 'filler chapter'. I didn't want to make this chapter super long so I decided to make a chapter that would improve the flow of the story ig. Idk.

ok bye