The Red String of Fate

An ancient Chinese belief says that an invicible red string connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break...

According to this myth, the Gods tie an invisible red string around the pinky fingers of men and women who are destined to be soulmates and will one day marry each other.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"I promise you, when we grow up, when we already have jobs, when I already have the money to make a living, after 8 to 9 years... I'll marry you. You'll be the only girl that I'll love for the rest of my life. You'll be the mother of my children and be my one and only wife."

"Can we really accomplish that? I mean... It's way ahead of us. What will we do if those plans get ruined? I want to. I really want to. But... There are possibilities that it won't happen."

"Just trust me. I won't cheat on you. I'll wait. Even if it takes longer than 8 to 9 years. I'll wait for you."

"I trust you... But my aunt. My family and yours. They don't allow it. They don't even want us to be with each other."

"We can make a way. I love you... so much. And that's what matters. I'll propose to you. I'll make you my bride. I'm serious. I really want to marry you."

"Then... we can be together until the day that I see you again. Please.. Don't forget our vows, our plans, our promises... Don't forget about me."

"I won't. I'm gonna make our dream come true. Give me your hand"

"Why?"

"I'm gonna predict your future"

"What does it say?"

"We're gonna live a healthy, happy and good life. We'll be married. We're gonna live in that big two storey home of ours. Have 3-4 children that's named after us. We'll grow old together and our wait will be worth it"

"Oh, I really love you. I really do."

"I really love you too. Wait for me as well okay?"

"Yes, of course! I'm willing to."

"Then let's share a tight hug before we say goodbye."

"I'm really gonna miss you."

"Me too, honey. Me too."