Senseless Disappearances

WARNING: CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN AND EDITED

Who wouldn't glance twice at the old Stefanelli mansion and not feel compelled to spend a fortune? It was named after one of the city's founding families and adorned with a rich historical heritage dating back to the late 20s. Besides that, its architectural design was second to none, ranking it as one of Moonville's most expensive vintage estates. It stood gloriously on the outskirts of town, surrounded by Moonville's shadowy forest. 

Well, multi-billionaire Gideone Hernandez couldn't help but want to impress his lovely new bride with the prestigious location he was considering purchasing in her honour. The 5'8 supermodel Eve Hernandez, was a force to be reckoned with in the modelling world. Setting aside all honeyed words, she was indeed a goddess in the making. At 23, Eve was well ahead in life, a journalist, living the lifestyle most young women her age only dreamed about, a picture-perfect life of luxury, success and fame. She worked hard to get where she was and was content with her career. It did not come as a surprise when the famous Gideone Hernandez, Moonville's only sought-after bachelor at that time, confessed his undying love for her. 

However, when Gideone brought Eve home, his parents were not pleased. The Hernandez family was known for its elite status, dominance and expensive tastes. Right from the get-go, she was an insult to their unreasonably high standards and preferences. Her dark skin set her up for a difficult time with her narrow-minded father-in-law. The rest of the family members either despised her career, disliked her sense of style or just enjoyed giving her a hard time. The disrespect was sickening, and the overbearing need to impress them drove her insane. She was swaying further away from her values with every encounter. She hated that the most, but the priority was to please her husband. She loved him with her soul, the reason she made so many compromises that she lived to regret every day. 

It had been only eleven months since the couple had been together. To celebrate their anniversary, Gideone took Eve with him to seal the deal on the mansion. The two headed to their soon-to-be home on a crisp July afternoon. Eve was quite relaxed but curious about her husband's intentions. Two big bodyguards trailed behind them as they approached an enthusiastic-looking Ruth, Gideone's new personal assistant. She was grinning from ear to ear. The avid woman was in her early twenties, with wavy blonde hair and dressed formally in white. Her brown eyes had a permanent mischievous glint and always came alive whenever Gideone was nearby. Who would blame her? Added to his insane amount of wealth, Gideone Hernandez was quite a looker. Standing 6'4, muscled and ripened with age, he exhibited great potency and maturity. He was the type of man most women would lose their morals for and completely surrender to. She stretched out her hand, excitedly waiting for a handshake, "Mr Hernandez, it's a pleasure. How are you doing this beautiful Friday afternoon?" 

Gideone walked past her without glancing twice at her hand, "can we get started?" He said, and to disguise her discomfort, she replied by clearing her throat, "of course." 

Eve quietly observed her the entire time. She was not surprised her husband had hired a new assistant, the seventh one that month. Most had quit before he fired them. 

"Is the renovation over?" Gideone inspected the first room they entered; his eyes darted around the space. Blank white walls stared back at him, a crystal chandelier hung superbly from the ceiling, and a glass door caught his attention. He walked over to it and slid it open, immediately focusing on a flower garden outside. 

At the entrance, Eve stood beside two of her husband's favourite bodyguards, taking in her surroundings. The red carpet was the only thing she disliked about the room. It was far too bright for her liking. Moreover, red was not her favourite colour. She watched her husband with a leering eye, impatiently waiting for clarification concerning their visit. He was excelling at keeping her riled, hanging onto his decision to leave her in suspense. Besides, the assistant was also annoying. A hello wouldn't hurt.