Chapter 17: "Kian?"

I woke up to my Dad yelling downstairs. I rubbed my eyes and tried to smooth out my messy hair. It was no use, so I just shrugged and slid out of bed. I was still in my jean shorts so I just changed them with yoga shorts.

I shuffled downstairs to the noisy kitchen, where my Dad was screaming on the phone. But who would be be screaming to? I tried to listen in on the conversation. Eavesdropping? Nah. Just..um...practical listening..yeah.

I could understand bits and pieces if what was said.

"How could you do this to me after 3 months?!"

"You are a liar. You never loved me."

"I don't want to see you again."

I opened the fridge and pretended not to care nor listen to the words being exchanged. Then it clicked. He was talking to his new girlfriend.

Yeah. Her name is Rose and she's a hoe, in my opinion. She works at some strip club, gives random lap dances to guys when her boyfriend is my dad.

She wears this disgusting red lipstick and puts so many coats of clear lipgloss over it, it's almost dripping. Ew. She wears too much makeup that defines her cheekbones way too much. She also wears this cheap perfume that smells way too strong.

My guess, by the way that they were talking, is she cheated on him. No surprise to me. All I wanted was for him to be happy. I sighed and got out the milk and the box of Frosted Flakes. I poured myself a bowl and started eating.

I started to realize that that he was with Rose all the days he was gone overnight. It made me sick.

I finished up my cereal and put my bowl in the dishwasher. I ran back upstairs and checked my stab wound. It's almost healed completely. A smile spread across my face.

I happily opened up my closet doors and picked out a black muscle tee that said "California" on it, light washed jean shorts, my light grey converse and my round black sunglasses.

I put my mascara on, along with some light foundation and combed through my long, dark brown hair. I called Sam and asked if he wanted to hang out, and he agreed.

I walked downstairs and grabbed my phone, money, and my Dad's keys. He was sleeping now. I still hadn't gotten my car back from the incident.

I drove over to Sam's house and knocked on his front door. He answered with a big grin on his face. He hugged me and I stepped inside. He smelled like cologne. I loved the smell of his cologne.

I took off my shoes and walked around to the living room in my white socks, Sam trailing behind. He caught up with me and grabbed me around my waist, spinning me around to face him. He slammed his lips onto mine, smiling slightly. I arched my back and put my arms around his neck. I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around him. I broke away from the kiss and hugged him tightly. I rested my head on his shoulder and we just stood in his kitchen together. He finally set me down and we walked over to the couch. We just cuddled on the couch until he turned to me, holding a box. I looked at him, confused.

He opened it, and it revealed a necklace with a key on it. I squealed and put it around my neck. I snuggled up next to Sam watching a random comedy shows. He would laugh suddenly, and my head bounced slightly as his chest rose and fell. I giggled and laughed along with him. We eventually took a nap together.

I awoke to water being poured over my head. I screamed loudly and stood up. Sam was laughing in a corner while Kian stood with a bucket dripping ice water, right in front of me.

"Kian?" I said tiredly.

He smiled at me and I shook myself off. I grabbed my purse that got soaked as well and got my shoes on, dripping head to toe and walked out the door.

I got in my car and drove out of the driveway just as Sam came running down the pathway, waving his hands. I just sped up and drove to my house and when I got out, I realized that Sam was running after me, down the street. I quickly went inside and shut the door. I walked slowly upstairs as I heard Sam pounding on the door. I went up to my room and shut the door, when the pounding stopped. Then I heard the side door open and footsteps run up the stairs. He opened my door, because I forgot to lock it. He walked in and tried to hug me but I moved away and he fell onto my bed.

" I have to change." I said, walking into my closet. I closed the door and stripped my wet clothing off myself. I put on a tan bra with white lace over it and matching underwear. It was too cranked to get everything else on , so I thought "why not?" and grabbed a black long sleeved crop top and high waisted , acid washed , jean shorts. I walked out and Sam whistled. I laughed and began to but my black crop top on when Sam grabbed my arm and put me on top of him. I pressed my mouth to his and we made out for a while.

Warning- may be too intense for some people

Sam took his shirt off and threw it aside. I threw my shirt back off and Sam was in his boxers now. I've never loved him as much as I loved him.

My Dad would kill me if he ever found out I did that while he wasn't home.

I rolled over on my side and saw Sam looking back at me. He looked down on my neck and I followed his eyes. There was a small hickey on my collarbone. Damn. I got up and slipped an oversized t-shirt on and got out some concealer. Sam threw the covers off of himself.

"Sam." I said, laughing.

"What? I sleep naked." He said.

"Not here you don't." I answered.

"It's not like it really matters anymore, I mean we just almost h-" he started.

"Sam." I said again.

He threw the covers back over himself. I took out my sponge and dabbed the spot where my skin was red, to make it my original skin color. I put my shirt back on and hopped back in bed. It was about 9:00pm.

I texted my Dad and he said he was staying the night in a hotel. I shrugged and told Sam.

"He shouldn't be gone all the time." He said, pulling me close to him. I pulled away slightly.

"Sam go put on real pants" I said.

He got up and pulled them back on. I snuggled up close to him now.

"I love you." I said to him.

"I love you too, Jenna." He replied, kissing my cheek.

I fell asleep in his arms, feeling safe and secure.