ONE

Since we were 7 me and Asia had been best friends, always attached at the hip. I could literally tell her anything.

"Look at them and their kids, if college doesn't work I'm dropping out and doing YouTube full time," Asia said not breaking her gaze at her screen.

except that I can't stand watching couple channels.

I sat up off of her bed and looked around her room it was simple white walls with grey floors and a lot of Howard University - our dream school - "merch" we hung up at the beginning of our freshman year "Try not to get ahead of yourself, senior year hasn't even started."

"I'm only saying that just in case it isn't for me."

She sounded like she was unsure if the words she was saying were what she actually meant

" I'm pretty sure it'll be for you, you can literally adjust anywhere," I said trying to reassure her of any doubts

"I guess so," she said finally looking up from her laptop and staring me directly in my eyes " Can you believe we made it to our senior year?"

I remembered back to freshman orientation when they said that the friends we would lose the friends we came into school with and how we would split up into our own circles,but not me and Asia, even when we had different interest such as me and theater and her and the basketball team, she still found away to come to all of my performances and I her number one fan at all of her games.

" I mean when there is a strong bond between people a couple of different interest won't change anything" I said in a flirtatious, but joking tone.

We looked at eachother and laughed.

Asia got off the bed and looked into her full body mirror. She 5'9 with beautiful ebony skin that had no imperfections,dark brown eyes, and 4b/4c hair that was in a curly fro, but don't let shrinkage fool you because her hair goes down her back, and wearing a cluless inspired outfit. my bestfriend could honestly be a model, but her figure wouldn't fit a Victoria's Secret or runway model standard. "Kehlani, I think this year is gonna be different though."

I stood up beside her standing at 5'6 and more of a chestnut, hazel eyes,and not of model stats,but had a shape of my own I liked, had my hair in a messy bun and and oversized Simpson's tee-shirt and some distressed shorts looked in the mirror, don't get me wrong I think I'm pretty but I just can't compare to Asia." How do you think it'll be different?"

She rested her elbow on my shoulder," I'm not sure,I  just feel something, like some type of tension," Um...okay was I supposed to be taking a hint of something because I'm not following. "Promise me that if you are even thinking of something that I should possibly know you'll tell me." Asia looked kinda serious when she said that part.

" Duh, you won't have to worry about me keeping anything from you," unless it's those damn couples " I promise."

"Good." She said finally taking her arm off of my shoulder, It was kinda starting to hurt

"Just a couple of more days until the end of us being kids begin." I said sighing and sitting back on her bed.

Asia tapped my foot still standing at her mirror smiling "At least we'll probably get serious boyfriends now."

Those were never a part of my plan " Yhup really looking forward to it." I said rolling my eyes as soon as she turned away. I AM NOT looking forward to it.

" Wanna go get ice cream?"  Asia said flopping down in top of me.

"Will you be driving?" I turned on my side to look at her

Asia did a small laugh" Yeah"

I pushed her off of me to go put on my shoes, I am looking forward to this.