Chapter I

Fuck. I say as I wipe off my eye shadow, again. I dip the brush into the gold speckled powder then apply it to my irritated eyelids. After applying the shadow, I adjust my bralette and fix my hair.

"Rosé," I turned around to see my manager in the door way, "It's time for your set babes."

I give her a slight nod then take a deep breathe before walking out of the room and onto the stage. The music starts playing as I strut down the stage towards the pole. I grab the pole and lift myself up so I can swing around it. About a minute into my set, I allow the music to completely take over my body.

Towards the end of the song, I climb to the top of the pole, wrap my legs around it and hang upside down while turning on the pole. The crowd cheers as I make my way to the middle of the pole, I stay there for a moment as my eyes meet a mans eyes in the crowd. Making eye contact with customers was a normal thing since it couldn't be helped but I could feel myself being pulled into his gaze. The ending of the song pulls me out of my trance and I quickly grab onto the pole with my hands and drop into a split on the last beat. The crowd cheers and throws more money onto the stage. Me being me, I was feeling myself , so I laid down and let the money fall on me. After a couple seconds, I grab my money and walk back to the dressing room.

"Damn Rosé! You really let loose tonight didn't you?" My manager jokes as I drop the huge pile of cash on my dressing station.

"I felt really good tonight for some reason. The music just took over me more than usually I guess."

"Well keep that up and you'll be a millionaire." With that she walked out of the dressing room leaving me with another girl.

I collected about $400 from that one set, so altogether, I made about $800 tonight. From that one set, then all the lap dances I had to do, I made pretty good money tonight. I think this is one of my best nights if I'm gonna be honest. The most I've ever made was about $1200 but that's because I did multiple sets and someone was having a birthday, so they blew their entire wallet on me and another girl. Usually I'll make about $300 to $400 on a normal day. There are days when I'll only make like $100 so I try not to get my hopes up every time I make this type of money.

After placing rubber bands around my stacks, I throw them in my purse and head out onto the floor. Tonight my best friend, Wayne is bartending, so I guess I'll hang out with him until I feel like going home.

"Hey bitch." I say as I sit at the end of the bar.

"Hey hoe. Are you done for tonight?" he asks

"Yeah, I think I'm going to chill for the rest of the night."

He slides me a drink, "Want me to take you home when I get off? I'll be off in a couple hours so you don't have to wait too long."

"Please?" I look at him jokingly with puppy eyes, "Can we get Waffle House too?"

"Of course we can my precious Rosé." He laughs as he wipes out a glass.

After we both laughed it out, time just seemed to go by swiftly. Before I knew it, we were sitting in Waffle House arguing over whether pancakes or waffles were better. I of course, think waffles are better. Pancakes are so boring these days. Waffles not only taste better but they have character.

"You cannot be serious right now." I laugh, "Waffles are definitely superior to pancakes and that is final." He folds his arms and pouts. I mock him and he starts laughing.

The waitress walks up with her pen and pad, "Are you two ready to order?"

We place our orders and the waitress takes our menus.