Ambrose~

//A/n: Y/n watches a horror movie, only to end up in the fictional town a week later. This is a House of Wax fic that was requested on my tumblr.//

You clicked the TV off, taking a sip of the rest of your soda. "Not a bad one." Standing, you took the movie out of the TV, slipping it back into its case. House of Wax was rumored to be a shitty movie, but you enjoyed it nonetheless.

It had an interesting storyline. I mean, what better way to hide bodies than to cover them in hot wax to pass them off as art? Two psychopathic brothers who live in a deserted town...then the big reveal of the third brother. It wasn't as bad as everyone claimed it to be.

You decided to turn in for the night, flipping off the lights as you climbed into bed. It was difficult to think of anything else but the movie. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just,...spend one day in Ambrose? Meet the characters? A horror fanatics dream.

Eventually, you drifted off to sleep, the clock reading 12:04 am.

Timeskip to a week later

Driving. You'd been driving for hours. How far away was your grandparent's house anyway? You knew you were at least close to Texas, which was a relief.

You pulled over to stretch your legs. "Goddamn" Twisting and stretching, you heard your back crack a few times. The hot metal of the car burned your arms, but you rested them there anyway.

The exhaust from the truck was starting to make you sick. You turned away, staring down a dirt path that turned a corner. Why not stop? You snatched your backpack out the window of the car, throwing it on your back.

You'd brought some snacks with you, a few drinks, and an extra pair of clothes.

Walking down the short path, you saw the faint outline of a town. Thank god. Didn't seem too far away. You headed off, the air dusty and stale.

As you neared the buildings, you felt a strange feeling of nostalgia. Like, listening to an 80′s song then coming back years later to jam out to it. You pulled out your phone, snapping pictures of anything you found interesting.

It was like a vintage town, frozen in time. But..the strange thing was...there didn't seem to be any people? Deserted. Abandoned. The more you walked, the more you felt like you had lived here your whole life.

"Freaky.." You snapped a picture of an old diner, a weathered burger sign dangling by a thread above the door. More stores lined up the cracked road, all empty and lacking color.

You turned right, stopping dead in your tracks. A gas station. An...oddly familiar gas station. That's when it hit you.

"H-holy fuck-" Your phone was out of your pocket quicker than you could say horror movie. Snapping tons of pictures, you ran up to the gas station, excited as hell.

"Ambrose..." You read various signs on the glass windows of the station. "I-" It was impossible to contain your excitement. "I'm in fucking Ambrose?!"

Eagerly opening the glass door, you stepped inside. Dead silent. You couldn't keep your hands off anything. You ran your fingers across everything. Taking as many pictures as you could per second, you giggled happily to yourself.

This HAD to be a movie set. As awesome as it was, there's no way it was real. Horror movies aren't real. But that didn't change the fact that you were overjoyed to be here.

You rushed through a second doorway, walking down a small flight of stairs. The air got cold, the smell of gasoline burning your nose. Ever so slightly, you opened a door to your right. You peered in.

There was a heap of dirty laundry by an unkempt bed, a few polaroid images hanging above it. There was a lamp on a desk, a TV behind it. Looking further into the room, you saw a metal chair with a metal worktable behind it.

They really did leave the whole set here...

You opened it more, stepping in to explore further. A huge grin plastered to your face, you poked and prodded at the various tools on the metal table. There was a fairly large cooler behind it, and you opened it for fun.

Your jaw dropped. "What the f-" You stumbled back, grasping the chair beside you. A body. It looked fresh too. Its eyes were lightly glazed over with a milky white. Blood dripping off its cheek, quickly hardened in the cold atmosphere.

This could not be some old movie prop. Props don't bleed. You gathered your strength to close the cooler, turning away before you had more time to think about it.

You lifted your hand off the chair, gasping and yelping as you saw you had planted your hand in a fresh pool of blood. "Jesus fuck!" You wiped it off on your clothes, your heart beating loud in your chest.

Glancing over at the worktable, you examined the bloody pliers and knives resting on the edge. You tried putting everything together.

If you were actually in Ambrose...that means there's really a House of Wax. Which means this town is actually a death trap. Which means....oh fuck. If there's killing...then there's a killer.

You muttered under your breath. "Bo and Vincent...the killer brothers.." It was all coming together now. As much as you wanted to stay, meet the legends behind the kills, you knew they would just see you as another victim. Your life wouldn't be any more special than the other victims. You had to leave.

You bolted up the stairs, trying to go as fast as your legs would take you. But you were soon stopped. A loud thud rang out, your head hitting the ground.

"An' where do ya think yer goin', eh?" A deep chuckle followed the rough country accent. Bo. You'd failed. You had become another kill in horror movie history. He stepped closer to you, humming to himself.

"I promise I ain't gonna hurt ya, I swear." Bo chuckled again, pressing his boot against your neck. What a hell of a way to die, you thought. The pressure increased, your air soon cut off.

You didn't even have to look at him to see the smirk he had. You tried fighting it, but the more you did, the more pressure he applied to your neck. Everything around you faded, the only thing your body registered was the soft chuckle that left Bo.

"Sorry sugar, y'should know I ain't good at keeping my promises."