Introduction

I strutted down the busy streets of Tribeca, New York. I was headed to my first born, Chalestine's Law Firm. Being a lawyer and the bulldog in the business was a plus, but the money was what made me fall in love with it. My name is Melody-Byrd Chalestine Pryor. I'm twenty-four years old, and yeah I am pretty young to be a lawyer at the top of her game. I pushed myself hard and got into the early graduates program, I was out of high school at sixteen with a full scholarship to Harvard. I graduated at the age of twenty-one and began to work at a shifty law firm and then on to one of the best law firms. By the time I was twenty-three, I had produced my own law firm. Needless to say Mom and Dad were beyond proud.

I'm not your typical looking chick with curves. I was 5'1", a mocha-caramel color with brown eyes. I was slim, to most I seemed under weight but with my metabolism, I'm just perfect for my body mass. I didn't have a huge ass, my butt was average, it wasn't flat but I had that little curve. My boobs on the other hand, well let's just say 32B. I don't mind, I barely have to wear bras. I had a chinky face that was adorable to most people, I had the looks to kill, my hair fell to the crook of my neck, I was rocking a symmetrical bob this time around, although I loved my wigs I decided to do a natural thing. As I walked into my law firm I was greeted by my secretary and assistant Gevani (GEH-Vah-Nee).

"Hello Ms. Thang! You're first meeting is awaiting your arrival." He said handing me my Starbucks latte. Not only was Gevani my secretary and assistant, but he was my best friend. I love the gays, lesbians, bi sexuals, I love them all. But why wouldn't I? They're human beings just like me, duhh.

"Thanks, G" I said as I strutted to the conference room. I walked in and there was my client and his team members. They all said their greetings and stood as I proceeded to my seat. When I sat, they sat back down. That's just how I powerful I was that I had control over a room.

"Shall we begin?" I said sliding my glasses on and opening the case file.

"Erm-um, yes. My client, we'll wait let me introduce myself,"said the fragile, pale looking woman,"I'm Summer, Jason's Manager and Publicist as well." She said holding her hand out towards me gesturing a shake. I stared at her hand, I hated when a person talked to me with a lack of confidence. Be confident about your business or get the hell out my way. I can't afford any slip ups. She took her hand back and cleared her throat.

"Well my client, Jason Jarvis, is having a run in with the law, and he just got signed to the Chicago Bears, and we heard-" I cut her off because she wasn't worth me listening to any longer, everything I needed to know, I knew already.

"Alright, the charges here are saying you were in possession of drugs?" I glanced at my client. He looked strong physically but mentally he looked defeated. He needed to be confident.

Before he could answer I continued, "So what we are gonna do is plead guilty to the charge of possession of drugs, you will do 2 months in a rehabilitation facility, for favor with the public eye," I smirked because I knew I was doing his publicists job,"And as the punishment it's more likely to be 4 months community service. I want to have a public apology press conference scheduled Thursday at noon," I glanced up at the scared and dazed faces before continuing,"And I would also like to set up a meeting with the higher ups of the Bears in Chicago tomorrow to explain the situation and reassure your career." I smiled at him closing the file.

"This case is an easy win." I reassured them. They all sat there dumbfounded. I pressed the page button on the phone set on the table to get a hold of Gevani.

"G, send my next clients up to meeting room two, and make sure they are fully awake when I come" I said glancing up at Summer and the rest of her team members.

"Thank you so much! I would love to have you over for dinner tonight." Jason said as he approached me while breaking the silence.

"As much as I would like to, I can't. We have a flight to catch to Chicago first thing in the morning. Busy week Mr-," I said looking at the folder," I'm sorry what's your last name again?" He frowned.

"It's Jarvis" He said.

I collected my things and walked out as Summer said, "Gosh, I heard she can be a complete stuck up slut, but I didn't really believe it." I turned back around to see her face in shock as Jason kept walking and chuckled.

"It's complete stuck up bitch, if you don't mind. I don't go sleeping with my clients like you, now do I?" I said as I turned on my heels and strutted away. One thing about me is I do my research on the people I represent, including their team members.

"Oh and by the way," I said as I stopped and turned around," Try and do your job correctly before you come here. I don't usually pick up others slack" I finished as I continued to strutting away.

"Miss Byrd, you are one fierce lady!" Gevani said as he snapped his fingers.

Melody in the MM.