over

after

somewhere along the way, i finally figured out that my breath doesn't catch whenever your name is mentioned, that my heart doesn't skip a beat when someone asks about you.

the final wake-up call was you texting me.

you asked for a favour, though i didn't think you would've even remembered me. you're coming back to surprise hyejin for her birthday, and you asked for my help.

and even though my palms started sweating when i saw your text, it wasn't bad. it was then i finally realised that whatever you did no longer affected me as much as it did before.

texting you was easier now, and as much as i don't want to say it, i actually dreaded replying to you. i guess i'm not fully over you yet, but i will be.

it's better this way, too. after all, i used to believe you were the cause for my happiness, as well as some of the saddest moments in my life. but i'm happier now, without you. maybe it was because you brought me both happiness and sadness, and i didn't want to let you go. i desperately clung onto the hope that one day, you would be able to be the cause of my happiness only.

but i'm over you, for good this time. i'll never regret meeting you, because after all, you taught me first love, and you taught me heartbreak. i'll remember this forever, remember the day i finally accepted that i liked you, remember the day i finally got over you.

i think i really did love you at one point of time, for what it's worth.

so for the last time, i loved you. and thank you.

- loved, wheein.

end.