At Some Point

"Does that mean Hyun Bin wants to be a Dad?"

"Of course. I would love to be a dad at some point."

Son Ye Jin watched her fiancée reply through her TV screen, with a smile on his face, for what felt like the twentieth time.

Rewind. Play.

"Of course. I would love to be a dad at some point." He replied in, unsurprisingly, the same way each and every time she rewound and replayed his response.

Ye Jin, of course, knew why this particular response was of such interest to her and why it made her stomach flip each time she heard it. But Hyun Bin didn't. And that was the issue playing over and over in her mind, and each reply of his response to that particular question sent a wave of uncertainty through her.

At some point.

Not now.

Not as soon as humanly possible.

Not right away.

Just at some point.

Hyun Bin had very gracefully dodged most of the questions pertaining to their relationship for which she was thankful, but he'd been unusually candid about the children and family questions, and that itself had all kinds of queries rearing their heads in her mind.

It wasn't even as though she hadn't discussed children, because she had, several times. It was a foregone conclusion by now, whenever she mentioned the future, it was accepted that marriage and kids were part of it. But here he was, with his at some point response and here she was, very much knocked up in the now.

She'd be lying if she said it didn't worry her at least a little. Damn antibiotics interfering with her contraception. Damn Kim Tae Pyung surprising her on Valentine's Day and making her forget she was in the damn medication. Double, triple, quadruple! But there was nothing for it but to wait for him to come home because if there was one thing she was sure of, it was that this wasn't a conversation for FaceTime.

****

After a few days of Hyun Bin being away on the press tour and she sneakily keeping up with it all via texts from him, she decided that she was going to ask him to come home in between finishing up the tour in Singapore and moving out to Los Angeles to start filming his new movie. She'd never asked him to do this kind of thing before and felt beyond selfish as she speeds dialed him, her fingers trembling. She knew it would mess up his schedule but he needed to know before Los Angeles. She'd checked her respective calendars and at best it could be weeks, at worst months, before she actually managed to be in the same room together again. And by that time, she would probably be showing, like a lot.

"Hey, Sparkles. How's work today? Hellish without me to go home, I imagine" she could hear the smile in his voice and she ached for him terribly.

"Well, actually they postponed the shooting. But yes, it's hellish in here without you." She tried really hard to perk her voice up but it didn't come out the way she'd envisaged it in her head and he picked up on her subdued tone instantly and spoke before she had a chance to ask him how was his day going.

"Alright now. What's going on? Everything okay there?"

"Yes. I am fine. Everything is fine."

"That's an awful lot of fine. Out with it baby, what's wrong?"

She took a deep breath. "Look, I know you're really busy and you know I wouldn't ask just on a whim, but I just don't think I can wait until I can fly out to Los Angeles."