Chapter One

NIALL

"Fuck"

My groan echoed through my empty flat as I struggled to open my eyes in the light. I rubbed them gently with the back of my hand and a small yawn slipped between my parted lips. Eventually my eyes adjusted to the light and I opened them fully, taking in my room, a tidy mess.

My alarm shrieked for a second time after hitting snooze 5 minutes ago, I flung my arm across and reached around for my phone eventually feeling it in my grip. 8:45am

"FUCK"

15 fucking minutes till I had to be there. Stupid love for sleep making me late for my first day. I rushed to the shower and got straight in not even adjusting the temperature, clean is clean I dont care about comfort right now.

After wrapping a towel around my hips I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. Eventually I was fully dressed and ready, apart from food but I'm sure there will be a vending machine at the shoot location. Whilst packing my camera into my photography bag I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, I pulled it out quickly to see the text from my employer about the address and details for the room.

Ok and boom im done and out of the flat, now to the car.

My keys clicked in my hand as I pressed the small unlock button, throwing my regular bag in the back and putting my camera bag one front seat I hopped in my car and sped off to work. 8:56am

8:59am the carpark the equivalent to empty and a surprising lack of paparazzi shocked me as I pulled into a space and walked over to the main security gate for the building, I thought it would be flooded with greedy people trying to manipulate any piece of information they can get.

Cool air blew past me as I pushed open the large glass door to the building. The reception area was large and open with natural light flooding through the large glass panes. A desk centered the room with two people sat at it, one of them chatting away on the phone and scribbling down in a notebook, the other sat behind a laptop with a concentrated look on their face.

A breath of air heaved out of my lips as I tried to shake the nerves I had, this was my first contracted proper photography job and it was with one of the biggest photography companies in LA.

HZ Photos, ran by Harry Styles and Zayn Malik two of the biggest business men in LA and both of them being amazing photographers too. I was introduced to them by my best mate Louis who happened to be close with a friend of theirs. After a long and grueling interview process I finally got my 5 year contract, 5 years of doing the thing I loved.

"Hello sir, how can i help you?" the receptionist who had been typing away at the laptop asked with a polite yet sophisticated tone.

"Hi, yes, um my names Niall Horan it's my first day I got told I could pick up my ID and the key to my office here?"

With that she quickly typed away on her laptop, she then swiveled her chair to face the set of drawers behind her. She opened the top draw and flicked through the neatly organized files inside, carefully she pulled out a file with my name printed on it before swiveling back around and handing it to me with a smile and a nod.

"Welcome to HZ Photos Mr Horan, your office is on the fourth floor and your shoot today is in.... Room 107. Have a great day"

I gave her a smile and headed for the elevator, as I reached it another hand pressed the button. I looked up to see one of my new bosses with a smile on his face and his hand out stretched.

"You must be Niall! I've heard so much about you! I'm Harry Styles, but you probably already know that seeing as I'm your boss haha!"

His hand gripped mine firmly as we shook hands, I returned the smile as I shook his hand.