Chapter 1

The ocean is like the mind. Endless and capable of housing the worst of monsters.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Exile. That is what my punishment is for speaking out against the queen, Arganta IV. I suppose I should count myself lucky then, as a Squidfolk with a disability I would have been executed, my corpse tossed into a pile for the Steal Teeth, Arganta's Gestapo, to feed on during their hourly breaks. And I suppose it was then lucky of me to be set ten minutes behind a Eelan man for the chopping block. And that his nine minute corrosive slime covered the blade when his neck was cleaved.

I will not however count luck in the fact that I must now live on a remote island thousands of miles away with some nobleman, correction nobleBOY, who just so happened to be abandoned by his family at the same time as my sentencing. And now here we are with an over excited Nautequan pulling our cart and talking our ears off. My tactical like wrists are soar from these cuffs, why isn't the brat chained up too? I glance up at him, putrid joy on his face as he listens to the sea horse talk. He is definitely a Crabman alright, eye stalks, orange shell, even a second set of arms that are too small to actually work as normal ones do but are at the same time equipped with rather deadly serrated pinchers. He holds a near human like appearance however, something highly coveted in Atlantian culture. You would think he was a boy in costume if you didn't know better. But that's just it, he is in a costume just not physically. Word spreads as fast and repulsive as a tuna and now everyone knows who he is. Zale Crabkin, that boy who decimated Olympian Square in a single day, Zale the Anarchist. I will have to hope what made him snap doesn't happen while I'm around.

"You're Tentilac Undertoe right?" Zale asks after his "conversation" with our driver. I look up almost shocked, almost, he bothered to learn my name? No he must of just been told it or seen it on the news like I had him. "What do you want?" I sneer my spinning teeth creating a slight click as my small accent bursts out in full force. This is the first time I have talked in days and my vocal cords were not ready for that. "Oh um." He looks down as if he was shy despite not being like this a moment ago. "Just wanting to know my new friend I guess." He bumps the two thumbs of his normal hands together. "Friend? I'm a Squidfolk and a criminal." I hiss making sure to shake my chains a bit so he understood. "I know but, you seem to be upset is all. And I don't care what race you are." I look away from him and scoff. "Sure kid." He remains quiet and leaves me to my thoughts.

My reflection is visible in the glass of the cart's windows. Deep blue skin and solid purple eyes are what I can first see. Then my mouth like a razor typhoon swirling around in multiple rows. The first difference I learned to hide from the world. Most Squidfolk have beaks and the rest have mouths like humans. But not me. Then I look down at my arms and hands. Typically a squid would have four fingers with small suction cups on the palm. My hands are just two fingered tenticals with a spike like bone protruding from the bottom on my palm. And finally my least favorite of all my disabilities, my legs. Normally we have six or eight thick tenticals to hold us up when out of water. Mine are to thin to do so even for a second. My family was forced to work as slaves for the aristocracy so I could get bionic legs built to help me walk. I hate them most of all.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by the cart stopping harshly. "All off yeah?" The driver says with a sickeningly sweet smile. "Yeah once these are off." I grumble lowly and move my imprisoned hands. "Ooh yeah" she closes her eyes and tilts her head a bit while looking my way. "Knew I forgot something!" She laughs and runs off, leaving us in the water with only our luggage. "What!?" I yell after her but it's too late. "Moronic Mule!" I hiss as Zale starts to walk up a slope to the surface. "What now?" He asks trying not to piss me off more then I already am. I sigh and move to look at him, clearly he is nervous. "Alright then." I state clearly twords him. "What-" he gets cut off by a piercing screech as my cuffs are sliced through with my palm spikes, slicing my arms slightly. "At least they are good for something."

My 'luggage' comes to life slightly as a pair of metallic legs moves to stand at attention. My head begins to tingle as the small electronic peace within my ear buzzes. The legs move to face the same direction as me. "What are those?" Zale asks star eyed, but I ignore him and float up a bit to lower my tentacles into the two legs, three in each. The joints pinch close to my skin and scrape me as I move. The pain is excruciating at times but I am use to it after years of wearing them daily. The waist extends upwards and envelopes my lower torso in a blue cloth making is seem as though the legs were natural, a costume of my own.

Zale is left with his mouth hanging low as I ascend to the land above. The lack of water is always a surprise after a while but I can adjust quickly. Sandy beach mixes with thick jungle very soon and the island I have been sent to comes into view. Not much but a small field and a dense army of trees. Zale finally comes up and gawks at everything while I turn to stick my hand in the water. A far off pulse flows into me and my heart jumps slightly as it sends a chill into my very soul. "It's on its way." I smile slightly at the feeling and look back to the island. "Arganta will be lucky if she survives what I have planned."