Chapter 3: The Fight With Cardin

Text=Thinking
'Text'=Whispering
*Text*=Action
Text=Lucifer's voice
(Y/N pov)

I have been skipping classes just to train. Lucifer didn't mind. But the teachers and my friends have been checking up on me. Professor Ozpin is fine with it as well, but he's been going to my dorm to see if I was okay. Though, professor Goodwitch wasn't happy about it. But it doesn't really matter, because I want to become strong. Not only to prove the students wrong but to protect this universe from monsters. Sure, they haven't appeared yet. But you'll never know when they come.

It's been days and I've been improving quickly. Lucifer said so himself. He even said I was the first person that come this far so quickly.

So, since I felt like I was prepared, I decided to go to class. I got put and went to Goodwitch's class. Then, Lucifer began to speak, I was only able to see and hear him. And he could bear me when I speak in my mind. Good thing I don't have to talk out loud so people would think I'm crazy.

I entered the classroom and saw I was the only one there, along with Professor Goodwitch. She didn't look too happy when she saw me.

Glynda: Mr. L/N, where have you been?!

Me: Dealing with some stuff.

Glynda's face soften a bit.

Glynda: Look, I know you've been dealing with bullies, but that doesn't mean you should just skip classes. Now go sit down, class will start soon.

Me: Alright.

I sat down at my seat which was the top corner.

Lucifer: This is where people fight each other?

Me: Yeah.

Lucifer: Well anyone who tries to battle you is pretty much messed up.

Me: I suppose you're right.

A few minutes later, students started to come inside of the classroom. Team CVFY and JNPR went up to me.

Jaune: Hey Y/N. Are you okay?

Me: Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?

Coco: Well, you've haven't been to classes since four days ago. And now you've come back.

Me: Well, I've been doing some important things. But you don't need to worry about me, I'm fine. I can handle myself.

Ren: Alright. But let us know if you need anything.

Me: I will.

The group walked away, leaving me alone. Soon after, class started.

(Timeskip)

Glynda: Would anyone like to volunteer?

Multiple students raised their hands. Glynda then picked Cardin.

Glynda: Mr. Winchester, who would your opponent be?

Cardin pointed to me.

Cardin: Him.

Glynda: Now, Cardin. You shouldn't pick on the same pe-

Me: I accept your challenge.

Every student looked at me in shock. Usually, my voice would shake. But this time it had determination in it and I didn't hesitate. I got up from my spot and walked towards the arena.

Glynda: Mr. L/N. Aren't you going to get your weapon?

Me: Don't need one.

Glynda: Are you sure?

Me: Yes.

I stepped into the arena, waiting for Cardin. A few minutes later, he came out. His face then turned into a smirk when he got in the arena.

Cardin: No weapon, huh? This is gonna be a piece of cake.

Glynda: Are you two ready?

We both nodded.

Glynda: The battle with begin in 3...2...1...Begin!

Cardin rushed at me. I held out my hand and fire started to form the sword that I trained with. The students who were watching were shocked by what I did. I ignored it and stood there. Once Cardin was close, he tried to hit me with the Executioner. I dodged it and slashed him with my sword. I then jumped over him. While I was in the air, I kicked him behind the head, moving him back. I landed safely on the ground while Carding fell. He quickly got up growled. He rushed at me and tried to hit me again, only for me to block it with my sword.

Cardin: Why won't you just lose!?

Me: Because I don't feel like it. Not anymore.

I pushed Cardin back and kicked him in the gut, making him fly a bit and hit the ground hard. I looked up to check his aura to see it was at 36%. I smirked and motioned him to come at me. He rushed at me while letting a battle cry and tried to hit me again. He then repeatedly swung his mace at me, only for me to dodge it. Lucifer was right next to me, watching it all.

Lucifer: He is pretty weak. Especially with all of that anger.

Me: Tell me about it.

I then ducked and sweep my leg to his legs, making him trip and fall. Before he could hit the ground, I picked him up and threw him. I looked up to see that his aura was at 0%. I decided to speak to him, but the voice was different, making everyone shocked and some scared.

Me: Listen here, Cardin. If you try to bully me or anyone else, I would make sure you will suffer. So you better stay away from me and everyone else.

I then cleared my throat. I looked around the room to see that most people had shocked faces while others had frightened faces.

Me: So...Did I win?

Glynda quickly gained her posture and cleared her throat.

Glynda: Oh, uhh, yes. Y/N L/N wins.

A few seconds, Jaune began to slowly clap, then Pyrrha, then everyone else began to clap faster and faster. I bowed opened my eye to see Team RWBY glaring at me. I chuckled and walked back to my seat.