Betty's Gift

(I do not own any of these characters, all rights to the CW's "Riverdale" and Archie Comics.)

Jughead's POV...

     I grab the last of laundry and shake it out, raising an eyebrow when I see a note fall out of my jeans.  I throw the pair of pants into the washing machine and start it up, bending down and grabbing the note.  It's from Betty.  It tells me that there's a gift for me in the locked drawer of our dresser in our bedroom, and that she had unlocked it for me.  Right! Today's our anniversary and I promised her that I'd wait.
     I immediately rush upstairs, heading into our bedroom while Juliet takes her nap and opening the drawer.  I see a framed picture of a note, and begin to read it.

     I feel salty tears stream down my cheeks and I smile weakly at the letter, my fingertips smoothing over Betty's perfect signature

     I feel salty tears stream down my cheeks and I smile weakly at the letter, my fingertips smoothing over Betty's perfect signature.  I quickly grab a nail and quietly pound it into the wall, hanging up the framed picture of her poem.  She may not have seen it as good, but in my eyes it's absolutely perfect.
I stare at it for a bit, and then I walk down to my study. I open my computer to my now-completed novel and add one more adjustment to it before it's published. One more chance to honor Betty that I grasp.
My fingers glide across the keyboard, and I let them do as they please to honor Betty in the best way possible.

I'm dedicating this novel to the late Elizabeth Jones, the love of my life. She recently passed away and I'd like people to read this book and think about her. So that her memory can live on. I love you Betty. I always have, and I always will.
—Jacob Jones
(His pen-name is Jacob Jones.)

I smile and hit send so that my book can be published. A tribute to the love of my life.
Who I'll love endlessly, forever.