Chapter 6

1st Round Match–Ups

"THEY TRIED TO WHAT!?"

That's the first thing Ash heard from his friends when he and Serena entered the Pokémon Center and explained them why Serena betrayed him. He knew they were gonna be angry, but they were just plain furious, especially Bonnie! She couldn't believe her brother would do such a thing.

At first, the group felt anger when they saw Serena walking in with Ash, but that anger turned to looks from disbelieve when they heard that Serena was threatened to be raped by Brock, Tracey, Cilan and Clemont.

"I think you guys just showed how I felt from the inside when Serena told me that," said Ash.

"You don't know just how much I want to face Clemont right now," said Bonnie. She wasn't showing it, but Ash knew that she was boiling with anger from the inside, an anger she'd love to unleash on Clemont.

"You won't have to wait for long," said Paul. "They announced the first round matches a few minutes ago and you'll be facing Clemont."

"I can't wait to teach him a lesson," said Bonnie with a smirk.

"And who are your opponents," Serena asked the rest of the Elite Four.

"Well, I'll be fighting Dawn, Paul will be facing Barry, Alain will be battling Lance and Trip will face Cilan," said Ash.

"I battled Barry before at the Sinnoh League and beat him without a problem," said Paul.

"I don't know about you, but when it comes to Lance, his Dragonite is pretty hard to beat," said Alain.

"And I can't wait to beat Cilan. The score is tied 1:1 so this'll be a tie–breaker," said Trip.

"It's good to see you guys are determined to win," said Ash and turned to Bonnie. "Just don't let your emotions get the best of you."

"So, when's the first battle," asked Lillie.

"Tomorrow morning at 10am. Bonnie's battling first and I'm after that at 11am," said Ash.

"I'm sure all of you will win in your battles," said Serena.

"Thanks, Serena," said Bonnie with a smile.

The next day, everyone was in their seats, waiting for the first battle to begin. Soon, both Bonnie and Clemont came out.

"This will be a 3–on–3 Pokémon battle between the Alola Elite Four member, Bonnie, and the Lumiose Gym Leader, Clemont. Each trainer will use 3 Pokémon and the battle will be over when all Pokémon on one side are unable to continue," explained the referee.

"I can't wait to see how this turns out, folks. After all, this'll be a battle between a brother and a sister," said Charles.

"Are the trainers ready," the referee asked Bonnie and Clemont.

"I know I am," said Clemont.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be," said Bonnie.

"Then send out your first Pokémon," said the referee.

"Diggersby, let's go," said Clemont as he brought out his normal/ground–type.

"So predictable. Chesnaught, I choose you," said Bonnie as she brought out her grass/fighting–type.

"Bonnie sure wants to give Clemont a hard time," said Alain.

"And since Diggersby is weak to both grass and fighting attacks, she made the perfect choice," said Ash.

"Let the battle begin," said the referee.

"Diggersby, use Hammer Arm," said Clemont.

"Chesnaught, use Spiky Shield, followed by Leech Seed," said Bonnie.