One: Cream of the Top

According to study, one rotten apple indeed spoils the barrel, when the fruit is injured or rotten it will emit over concentration of ethylene gas, cellular amounts of this gas can trigger physiological changes (e.g., texture (softens), color and other processes).

However, it is not only applicable in fruits, also in society.
A nation desired a productive citizens, and they put their trusts to the future generations, the youth.
In order to fulfill everyone’s dreams, our school designed a system which will enhance good apples to make them better than the best and discard the rotten apples so they can’t spoil another.

Maybe, you have heard enough with regards in many caste systems related Schools, treatments depending upon the rank of the students and discriminations of sections.
This is not a game changer and I can’t promise that I’m the best character who should tell the point of view. But, I happened to be a she and a rotten apple of the Nation’s number one school, Sovran Academy. This is the version of my story; How do I earn the right to be remembered or I perhaps until the end I didn’t.

…………………………..
“322 pesos po lahat.” The cashier said while putting my groceries inside the grocery bag.
I fished my wallet, and get my card.

“Red card? So she belongs to that section?”

“Obviously, that’s why she smells so bad.” The girl said while covering her nose. They got yellow necktie representing their section.

They are talking behind my back. I immediately get my groceries and headed towards the exit.

“Miss!” May tumawag saakin pero hindi na ako lumingon. Hinigit niya ang braso ko. “Naiwan mo card mo.” He’s wearing civilian clothes, a hood and sweat pants, so I can’t tell his section, but he had eye bags, maybe he got that from studying too much.

“Why even bother? 100 pesos na lang naman natitirang laman ng card niya.” Siya pa rin 'yong babae kanina, na nagsabing I smell so bad. It doesn’t matter, taking a bath won’t give me good grades.

“Ibigsabihin ganoon ka kagaling, Miss?” I can tell he’s being sarcastic, that guy who gave me my card.

The store filled with laughter. They are all mocking me, they have the rights though, since I’m sure they have yellow and purple cards.

But, if this guy only knew how much I studied just to get that 100 pesos. “Ganoon lang ako kagaling? Ang yabang mo. Sino ka ba?” Hindi ako sumigaw, pero alam kung nakakahiya ang mga sinabi ko. Wala naman akong karapatang magreklamo. They can insult someone like me whenever or wherever they want  because they earned the right to do so.

“Ha? Hindi mo ako kilala?” That guy said. Siguro nga sikat siya, pero wala akong oras para kilalanin pa siya. Iisang tao lang naman ang kilala kong sikat. You need to be the number one, to have the right to be remembered. Imbes na kumilala pa ako ng iba, magmememorize na lang ako ng pangalan ng scientists.

Bago pa ako magsalita, may tumapik sa balikat ko. “A-Aesir?”  I said while stammering. He’s wearing purple necktie, of course, because he’s the rank 1. That’s why I knew him, no, everyone knew him.

“Tapos na ba kayong magbayad?”Aesir said, while giving us a gentle smile. I nodded, still not speaking. “Kasi maraming nakapila at---”

“Uhm, yeah, sure aalis na ako.” That’s when I really decided to go, hindi na ako nagbalak lumingon pa.

Nagdesisyon na lang ako maglakad papuntang dorm, Kasi nga 100 pesos na lang natitirang pera ko kailangan pa itong umabot ng isang linggo.