Chapter One

Matt's POV

I walked down the lonely and empty streets of Tiegnmouth, reminiscing on the bad day I had just been through.
I woke up late for my job, and then my boss got really mad at me. My rent is late, and everything is just.. hell.
I wish I could run away, no one would care..
It was summertime, so more people would be at the rental houses by the beach. I lived in the more woodland areas of the small town, so I wouldn't have to worry about people.
I walked into my house, taking my coat off and hanging it up.
I basically passed out onto the couch, only waking up a few hours later to the sound of banging on my door.
"Huh- who's there?"
No one answered. I groaned and got up, opening the door.
I saw a tall, blonde man wearing a raincoat, since now, it was apparently raining.
"Hi, I'm new in town, and my car broke down.. I-"
"What do you need?" I asked.
"Just a ride to my apartment." He said, looking down.
"It's no trouble, let me grab my keys."
I said. He smiled at me, and I realized that his canines were particularly sharp.
I walked him out to my car, and he got in, taking off his raincoat. His shirt fit his body perfectly, as if it was made especially for him.
"So, what's your name?" He asked me.
"Matthew. Call me Matt."
He chuckled. "I'm Dominic Howard! Call me either Dominic or Dom."
I smiled. "Dom will do. So, Dom, are you here for vacation or a permanent home?"
"I'm deciding whether I want to move here or not." Dom said, looking out the window at the dark, night sky. 
We stood silent for a little while.
"So, which one of the rentals are yours?" I asked him.
"The one at the very end of the road. The blue house." Dom said.
"Oh, okay. I don't really come by these parts of town, but I know what house you're talking about."
Dom nodded, and once we reached the house, he got out of the car.
"Matthew, uhm.."
"Yes?" I asked.
"Is there a chance I'll see you again?"
"Sure. I'll be in town tomorrow, I'll meet you at the cafe?"
Dom smiled. "Oh, yes! Of course."
"Awesom-"
"But, uhm.. I'll be very busy tomorrow. Could we meet around five?" Dom asked me.
"Sure. I'll see you there. Don't forget your raincoat!" I said to Dom, handing him his raincoat. As I was handing it to him, our hands touched.
He smiled, and waved goodbye. "I'll see you, Matthew Bellamy."
I said goodbye as well, only later realizing that I had never told him my last name.