CHAPTER 7

OPEN UP

"I don't really open up to a lot of people but when it comes to you, I unknowingly tell you everything"

FRANCINE'S POV

I was in the middle of sleeping peacefully when my alarm goes off, making me so annoyed especially because I was so tired from the events last night. But regardless of how sleepy and restless I was I stood up not just because I have so many chores to do and if I delay I might get a lot more problematic than what I am right now, but also because if my alarm make that annoying sound again I might throw it across the room resulting me to buying a new one.

Once my feet got a contact with the cold floor, I stretched my arms up in the air and tied my hair into a bun using a black hair tie that was placed on my desk before heading to the stairs.

I looked around the living room as I go down while rubbing my eyes to gain conscious to my surroundings, only to see no signs of Mark. Of course I don't need to check it out for me to know where he is. I am sure he's still on his room sleeping soundlessly very tired and sleepy. Why? Because the both of us stayed up very late after coming home from a long day of work, so who won't get drained up.

Having nothing to do or talk to, I head to the kitchen to prepare our breakfast. I went to one of the cabinets and took all the things I'll need while I am cooking. After mixing the pancake batter together with some water and eggs, I placed a dry and clean pan on top of the stove before turning it on. When the pan has the enough heat I placed a good amount of butter and after that the cooking starts.

The only sound that can be heard throughout the entire Kitchen was sizzles every time the pancake batter got in touch with the pan, making the whole atmosphere somewhat calm and comfortable.

But not too soon, a familiar yet unfamiliar voice resounded inside the kitchen. Familiar because I know who's the owner of the voice but at the same time unfamiliar because I'm still not used to him being here.

"Good Morning" he said as I was placing the last pancake on the plate.

"Good Morning" I greeted back before turning off the stove and heading towards the fridge to grab some milk and placing them into two glasses, one for me and one for Mark.

"Can you place this on the dining room for me?" I asked and he nodded before I gave him two plates of freshly cooked Pancakes

Right after he left, I followed with the Glasses of milk of course, what am I supposed to do, leave them in the kitchen and let the ants have a feast, of course no. as much as I want the ants to live happily I am also saving money so, yep we be screaming no.

I took a seat opposite his and we quietly eat our own food. But the silence was not awkward it was rather comfortable.

Once we are done eating the two of us went to the kitchen and places all the dirty dishes in the sink and of course I'll be the one to wash them as Mark sat in the counter and watch me do the work. As I was finishing my work I really got so curios to why it was suddenly quiet and no one is asking me questions right now, because if it was Mark I'll already receive tons of questions. So I look at him after turning of the running water when I was done.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked making him look at me

"Oh yeah, I'm just thinking about something" he replied

"Do you want to share them?" I asked him again while drying my hands with a towel

"Will you listen to me?" he asked back and I nodded before sitting beside him on the counter.