Thanks for not killing me (lesbian love story) 19

Lillian's pov

I didn't see anyone downstairs but I felt a odd tension in the house I wanted to go to Kay but she asked for me to eat breakfast so I rummaged threw the refrigerator in the kitchen. The kitchen was modern and well stocked so I had a lot of choices and I went with some cereal and started making coffee which made me think of my father. I just paused a moment but then regained my composure when I heard some footsteps "good morning" said a masculine voice, I turned and saw a familiar facial scar "um Lucas right? And good morning" he gave a small smile "yes it's Lucas" he then bowed to me and added "I see your making coffee when it's done may I have a cup?" I felt flustered at the formal way he spoke but nodded anyways. Lucas took a seat on a barstool by the kitchen island and I stood awkwardly for a second before taking a seat as well. Another moment of awkwardness passed till I forced " so...um how are you?" He looked my way in amiable amusement then with the corners of his lips curled up he replied "I am currently doing fine and how are you?" Before I could reply my eyes shot up past Lucas and landed on Kay who was walking towards us.

Katherine's pov

I knew Kay was downstairs and I also knew Lucas was there with her but this knowledge didn't seem to help the admittedly unreasonable shock of jealousy that ran threw my body for a second when my eyes landed on the two. Lucas looked submissive and docile with good reason because I don't think I would have been able to control my possessiveness towards lily. Lucas stood up and then I saw in his wolf form his ears were pinned back and his head lowered I gave him a nod then he straightened an gave me a small friendly smile I softened my face and returned his smile now that my jealousy had passed. Lily had been silent during the exchange but now she walked towards me and took my hand "hey" she said her eyes bright "hi love, you eat?" she nodded then got a 'just remembered something' look on her face. She grabbed two cups then turned around toward me "do you want some coffee?" I shook my head "no but thanks for asking" she smiled at me then went to filling the cups. Lucas who had been sitting got up and meet lily halfway to get his coffee my eyes had been watching Lucas intently but only as a precaution. We all settled down at the island and I watched the two drink their coffee and enjoyed the calm moment that I knew wouldn't last.