i'm alone now (michemily)

hey, in this oneshot everything in italics is a flashback. contains suicide (nothing too graphic) and mild swearing. also this is shit :)

Emily's POV

I quickly wipe my tears with the back of my hand as I see Nick coming. A few minutes ago I danced for the first time in years. When I caught my reflection I realised how similar I looked to Michelle and I lost it then: before I knew it, I was crying my eyes out in the middle of Studio A.

"Embo! I need to talk to you about, you know.. what happened," Nick says now, lowering his voice at the last part. "Meet me in the office."

My whole body freezes up at that last part - I can't even look at that room anymore, it just fills my head with memories of that night all over again. It's like there's no escape. I sigh and try to pull myself together as I hear Nick telling me to hurry up, and nervously start making my way towards the office.

After a while I'm staring at the door and it all comes rushing back..

I rush to Studio A's office; I swear to God I just heard somebody in there but I can't see anybody from outside. Somebody's pulled the door shut, but it's not completely locked and I thrust it open with ease.

Suddenly pausing, I notice a flash of bubblegum pink out of the corner of my eye.

I shake my head and force the memories out, wincing as I push the door open once again, wanting to get over with it as fast as possible. My eyes scan the room for Nick but I'm the only one there. Suddenly everything clicks and I realise why that little son of a bitch wanted me in here. I don't even have to check if the door's locked; there's no way out.

No. It's not her. It can't be her. Michelle is the happy girl who loves running the studio with me. She wouldn't kill herself.. would she? Avoiding her wrists, I look closer at the girl lying on the floor: the flowing golden hair, the shirt she's obsessed with, the shade of pink lipstick she always wears. It has to be Michelle.

Every time I glance at that corner of the office it's like she's there again. Deep down I know I should look away but I can't take my eyes off that spot, it's like I'm drawn to it.

I stand there for a while, with absolutely no clue what to do at this point. The right thing to do is obvious - call an ambulance and get this shit over with - but I can't see the point when she's clearly already gone. So I pick her up and hold her to my chest, letting my tears fall onto her unconscious body. She was usually the one to hold me but I guess that's not an option anymore.

The tears well up in my eyes again and I let them stay, but this time I can't hug anyone. I'm alone now.