Divorce?

A/N Idk if talking about divorce triggers anyone so if so here is a trigger warning!

Charlis pov: I walk downstairs and hug my dad when he gets home. Dixie and my mom do too. We sit down to eat dinner. My mom made pasta and garlic bread. My dads phone keeps going off and it's annoying. My mom says "what's going on?" He says "oh it's just work" my mom says "but you get off work at 6:00 pm" he says "I know it was brad from work he was talking about a family emergency" she says "oh" I say "dad so how was the trip?" He says "it was good but it was boring because it was a bunch of work stuff" Dixie says "school is more boring though" he laughs. We finish dinner and I go to my room and FaceTime chase and we talk for a bit and he has to hang up because his parents wanted to talk to him. I walk downstairs and everyone is in their room so I make a few tiktoks and post them. I go up to my room and watch some greys anatomy and then hear screaming downstairs. I walk downstairs and see my dad and my mom screaming at each other me and Dixie are there but they don't see us. My mo screams "you cheated on me?!" While crying my jaw drops and my dad says "yes I did I'm really sorry but im in love with someone else" I begin to cry and Dixie hugs me while crying. My mom says "get your stuff and get out" me and Dixie go to my room and I start to cry so does she. I say "so mom and dad are getting a divorce?" She says "probably" my mom comes in and says "guys I know y'all heard us and me and dad are getting a divorce. We still love each other but it's for the best." I say "okay mom I love you" she says "love you too" Dixie leaves and I can't believe my dad cheated on my mom. I decide to text chase because I need someone to talk to.

Me- hey watcha doing?

Chase- nothing you? We're you happy to see your dad

Me- um... yeah

Chase- well goodnight char I'll see ya tmrw

Charli- goodnight💖

I decide to go to sleep because I had nothing else to do.

I wake up with Dixie laying down next to me in my bed I say "what the hell dix my alarm doesn't go off for the next hour" she says "well I had a nightmare and I'm sleeping with you" I say "okay I love you" although me and dix fight all the time I love her so much, she's my older sister. I cuddle into her and she laughs and wraps her arms around me and I go to sleep again.

I wake up to my alarm buzzing and Dixie groans. "Ugh" she says. I say "I don't wanna go to school" she says "same" she goes to her room to shower so I can also. I put on a sweat shirt and black leggings because I don't feel like wearing anything else right now. Dixie comes out with the same outfit but different sweatshirt. We walk downstairs and see my dad packing all of his stuff. My mom is tearing up. We leave the house and head to school.

Chases POV: I head to school and I can't wait to see charli. I walk up to her in school and see that she's been crying and has puffy eyes I say "what happened char?!" In a concerned tone. She says "chase I don't wanna talk about it" I say "did someone hurt you?! I'll kill them" she says "no no no" as she grabs my hand. She says "my- my- my parents are getting a divorce" I say "awe char I'm sorry" and hug her I don't care what others in the hallway think she needs my comfort and I'm giving it to her.

After school

Charlis pov: I head home with Dixie after saying bye to chase. As we walk through the door mom and dad are screaming at each other. We walk out of the house instantly and she says "okay we're not going in there" I say "yeah" she says "we can go to my friend Sarah's house." I say "I hate Sarah" I say "wait ima ask chase if I can hang out with him so you can go to Sarah's." She says "okay" so I text him.