Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Mafia's Attempt To Kill His Wife

"Emergency, Sir Desmond. The rain has caused flooding, the safehouse has been flooded we need you urgently." My eyebrows narrowed in worry as I hear the voice on the other side of my husband phone, his head snapped towards me.

"I will be there as soon as I can, get the guards and divers ready," Alonso replied, removing his blazer and unbuttoning his white T-Shirt as he hurried to pass me throwing his phone on to the bed.

"Do you think I should come, I know there must be a lot of frightened females and I could console them?" I asked I waited for him to walk out of the walk-in closet and once he did he shook his head in denial.

"stay here. If you come along I will only have more to worry about." I sighed not liking the thought of staying here alone after the incident which took place five months ago when I was almost kidnapped in my bedroom.
"Stay safe," I whispered, approaching him. Cupping his face, I lifted myself on my tiptoes and pecked his lips.

"stay in the living room." I narrowed my eyes in confusion at too why I needed to stay in the living room but I decided not to ask as he was already worried about the flooding back at the safe house.
"I will," I replied, following him downstairs, I watched as he slid the window open and stepped out. Assuming the flood had reached closer to us as well.

I sighed walking towards the window, gazing at the uncontrollable rain and the flood it has caused. It was almost the height of my waist.

I rubbed my none existing bump, with a smile on my face. This was the surprise I had planned on informing Alonso before this emergency, I sighed settling down on the couch in the living room.

Deciding to read a book I got up approaching the brown wooden cupboard,  which also had drawers. I was not allowed to go through it strictly instructed by Alonso but I had seen many books inside and also he was not here I did not see why I could not go through it.

Looking through the drawers I sighed not finding the book I had seen Alonso reading and making notes so many times when I decided to give up my eyes landed on the familiar book which I had not realised had fallen on to the ground open it's cover was facing me. Crouching down I lifted the book and turned it around only to realise it was not a book but a dairy; was it Alonso's Dairy.

The day was soon to arrive when one of my another attempt was set. I am sure this would be it, I would finally be able to be happy and get rid of Dawn and finally be able to be with her lady in waiting who I have loved for the past three years. As grandfather is dead, there is no reason for me to remain married and I know she will not let me have a divorce not when our marriage has already been consummated.

She will die...

A silent tear fell on to the page, feeling my heart split in two as I felt the journal slip from my palms and hit the ground. My head snapped up towards the shaking chandelier, and before I could attempt to run away I watched the roof collapse, my arms wrapped around my abdominal protecting my baby as I felt my life being slipped out of my hand.