The In-Betweens

---

In her dream, Leslie was re-born. She got to experience all of her memories again. As she arrived at the moment where she met Seojun during her childhood, she tried her best to remember every second of it. In that dream, she could understand what Seojun was saying. Then she said,

"When we grow up, we will meet again. That moment, I will be pretty and you will like me."

"You're pretty. I like you now."

Seojun replied. Leslie blushed.

Then the dream went on, and she was ready to face all the hardships that would come in her life. The tragedy, the death of her father, her separation with her brother and her mother, moving to California, the death of the Kims, and finally, starting her college life. But she decided to make a difference. She always made sure to stop listening to the recording as soon as the lullaby ended, so that she wouldn't have to listen to the conversation that filled her with hatred and made her plot revenge. However, during her four years of stay in Ithaca, she never met Seojun. She accepted the reality that in her new life, she never got to meet him again. She then moved to London after she graduated, and still got to see Yoochun from afar, but never bring herself to get close to him. After she graduated, she flew to Furano to meet her mother. She lived there for the rest of her life, living a modest life in the orphanage with her mother and the children.

---

Seoul, March 2015

Leslie opened her eyes

Leslie opened her eyes. She saw Eiji.

"Mom?"

Eiji cried and hugged her. Leslie whimpered as she felt that it's hard to move her body, so Eiji let her go and let her lied back. Behind Eiji, there was Seojun smiling at her. As he approached her, she smiled and asked,

"Do I..."

Leslie didn't get to finish her question as she felt a giant magnitude of pain in her head upon seeing Seojun.

---

Leslie went through some therapy so that she was able to move and walk again because she had been unconscious for over a month. In parallel, she went through some examinations as the head injury might damage her brain.

"She is actually perfectly fine. The injury didn't damage her brain. However, I would refer her to the psychiatry department because thee memory loss might be more related to her psychological state."

The neurosurgeon explained to Eiji and Leslie.

---

"A dissociative amnesia usually occurs to a person who went through a traumatic event. She shuts down any memory that makes her to recall the traumatic event. It could be temporary, it could be permanent. It depends on how she's willing to keep the memories. However, forcing her to access the lost memories might not be good for her psychological state. So I would suggest to let her be. But based on other tests, she is fit to go back to work, as the condition is purely psychological and it doesn't affect her intellectual ability."