Chapter 11: Corruption

The young man had no weapon, yet he stood tall and proud.

"Do you want to get hurt too brat?! If so, you're in for a beating!" He bellowed as he stomped over the young man.

The flagellant (or so to speak) raised his whip and lashed at the young man, the latter gracefully side-stepping and delivered a punch into the flagellant's gut, knocking out the air from the man, while he was staggering from the impact, the young made a swift roundhouse kick to the man's jaw, knocking him away.

The miner's surrounded the unconscious body of the flagellant, then they started looking towards the young man. The crowd started yelling insults and angry comments towards the young man.

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

The young man was taken aback by what the person said.

"Now they will only make us work harder!!!"

"Thanks to you! Our life will be more hellish"

"W-wait but-"

"Everyone! let's beat this punk up!"

The angry crowd started chasing the young man, after a few struggles and close calls, he finally escaped the crowd in another part of the mine.

Sitting down in the rough ground, he sighed loudly and grit his teeth. Ingrates! those bastards don't know how to thank people.

/-\

He worked in this mine for god knows how long, days, weeks, months of swinging the same tool used every day, no food breaks, and water is scarce unless the guards open the door.

Yep, a door.

Everyone who works here wakes up at early in the morning, gets locked up in here and works until evening, they let us out for lunch and dinner, but the food was terrible.

Sighing, he saw and picked up a discarded pickaxe, discarded tools are rather common in this mine, and started mining the rocky walls.

After hours of hard work, wiping away sweat by the back of his hand, he was satisfied by the results and turned to leave, hoping the crowd wouldn't find him. Suddenly, the mine shook and cracks started forming on the tunnel, he could hear faint shouts of people shouting 'Earthquake!' Or 'Run for your lives!' Echoing in the distance.

He didn't waste a second and ran.

This was difficult since he was wearing worn-out leather shoes, sure he outran the angry crowd but it was just because they were slower than him.

Making his way to the exit he could see blood and crushed corpses of his fellow miners, swiftly avoiding a chunk of rock that fell from the tunnel's ceiling, and making a hard right, he saw the open wooden exit door and a lone guard opening it for the people to pass through, as he was getting close, the guard noticed him and sneered, quickly closing the wooden door, the sound of clicking from the door meant that it was locked.

"NO! WAIT!"

The floor broke and he fell into a deep chasm with the dead bodies of the unfortunate miners, screaming on the top of his lungs before he was swallowed by darkness.

/-\

Y/N woke up with a gasp, taking a deep breath, he stood on a sitting position on his bed, noticing the Diary was still his hand. He looked at the time on the wall clock, 5:30, it was still early. Y/N stood up to take a quick shower, then he changed into his workout outfit which was an F/C sleeveless hoodie and F/C Shorts with normal gym shoes.