Chapter 1

" Hey, I'm Hazel. My mother & father were killed in an accident a month ago. I live at sunshine springs orphanage. I have 2 dogs. I am 12 years old. My birthday is August 25. I am a mildly depressed child. <This, is all anyone really knows about me at the orphanage. I refuse to let them know any more than that. Today is my birthday, and Ms.Wilson,the Secretary of the home, says they have a big surprise for me. I doubt that, know one likes me. The other kids in the home are either way older, or way younger than me. I have friends from before my parents accident, they just don't know where I ended up, and I don't have a phone."Hazel, please come down here!" I hear Ms.Wilson call my name from downstairs. "COMING!" I run Down the stairs to see...02L!!!!???

   (I'm aware that Conner has left 02l, but in this he never left)

    Connors POV

    We walk into sunshine springs,and I walk to the desk. "I would like to adopt a child between the ages of 11 and 14" I tell the secretary. " Are you Mr.Franta?" she asks me. I nod. "Well in that case I have the perfect child for you,HAZEL, COME DOWNSTAIRS PLEASE!" she yells up to a girl. "COMING!" The Girl has brown hair and black hipster glasses, she is wearing a fall out boy tank top tucked into  high-waisted shorts. "HEY GURL HEY!" says Trevor. "Are you guys 02L?!" she says finally breaking a smile. "yup!" we all say in unison. "And I would like to adopt you!" I say. " YES,YES,YES,YES,YES!!!!!!!!!!!" she says jumping up and down " I'll go pack!" she ran upstairs. "Alright well here is a sheet of her basic information,and BTW, TODAY is her birthday!" says Ms.Wilson. " Thank you" I say. " WAIT!" Ms.Wilson says " can you handle 2 dogs?" she asks. " I could figure something out, why?" " she has 2 dogs that are her life and she would be devastated not to keep them." she says  " well then most definitely!" I say. The rest of the guys look at me like I'm crazy. "what?"

    Hazel's POV

     I run downstairs with my suitcases and my 2 dogs, a Lab mix named Rue, and a German Shepherd mix named Disaku (dye-saw-koo). Connor is smiling and the rest of them are looking at him thnking he is insane."got everything?"connor asks me. "yup!" Connor is petting Rue. " oh! sorry that is Rue and this is Disaku" I say pointing to the dogs." they are so cute!" he says."ready to go?" "yup" I say. We walk to the car, " by the way, we are going to the mall and some other stores to get you things for your room, clothes,snacks, AND I'm going to get you a few things for your BIRTHDAY!" said Connor "YAY!!!!" This is going to be a good family, i think to myself