Chapter 1

You know that feeling that you get when you know something is not right, when you know that what is about to happen is in no way good. That feeling overwhelms me as we drive to the hospital.

It's never good when they ask you to come without telling you why. I just want to know why happened. Yet, I'm scared to know. Whatever this doctor has to tell me will change my life forever.

Ricky speeds down the road and cursing out load when traffic stops us. It feels like it's taking us a million years. When we finally get there and Ricky parks, I bolt out of the car to get to the front entrance.

I head straight for the front desk and ask for Dr. White. It takes him a while to come downstairs and by the time he got here, Ricky is standing next to me. He slips his hand into mine and I return by gripping his hand tight.

"You're gonna want to take a seat," the doc says pointing to the seats behind us. We quickly sit and it takes the doctor a minute to begin explaining.

"There's no way of putting this nicely so I'm just gonna tell you," he begins making eye contact with me. "You're parents house was blown up early this mourning around eight."

"Is everyone okay?" Ricky asks knowing I'm not able to form words by the amount of force I'm using to squeeze his hand.

"Unfortunately not," Dr. White says signing. "Your dad and Jason were died on arrival. Your mom died during surgery. Ashton is in a coma and Jackson and Jesse are still in surgery."

My whole body freezes and I can't move a single muscle in my body.

They're gone. Forever. They're never gonna come back.

There will be so much that they miss. Dad won't get to walk me down the aisle and give me away. They won't be able to meet their grandkids. They won't get to go on the cruise they've been saving up for.

Jason will never see his girlfriend, Stephanie, again. He never tell her or any girl 'I love you'. He won't find the one to grow old with. He'll never get to start a family.

Dr. White tells us that we can go up and see Ashton and I don't hesitate to ask where his room was. The elevator ride was quite and when we finally got to the floor we sprinted off to find his room.

I stop in front of his room's window. I can see him laying in the bed with tubes running to his body. He is perfectly still, not a single part out of place.

I watch, for a moment, as he fights for his life. My heart pounds in my chest. I can do this. I can walk in there and look at him and talk to him and hold his hand. I can.

I slowly open the door with Ricky slowly behind me. I take small, quiet steps up to his bed. I place my hand on his that is resting by his body. My thumb rubs against his cold soft skin.

A tear falls slips down my cheek. Tears begin to pour from me. I fall to my knees. I grab onto his hand and my head rest on the edge of the bed.

"They're gonna, Ash." I say crying. "They didn't make it. They're dead."