Saturday Mornings

Jake pranced around the apartment as he made breakfast, the music upbeat, but quiet. It was unusual of him to be up this early, (9:30 am) and he knew it. Saturdays were for Jake to sleep in very late, (usually past 11am). But today, he was up early, and in a very good mood. It was a bright and sunny day outside, and Jake had the window open to let in a cool breeze that thoroughly relaxed him. He didn't know why he was up so early and was so dancy, but he didn't mind it. As he was tending to the pan on the stove, he was dancing rather badly, because it was mostly just jumping up and down with hip swaying. Jake was enjoying the beat of the current song when he heard a soft giggle behind him.

When Jake turned around, he saw Amy, in sweatpants and one of his old hoodies that was much too big for her, with a small smile on her face. She appeared tired, but happy no doubt. It was one of the cutest things Jake had ever seen and it made his heart skip a beat. He pranced his way over to his wife and planted a kiss on her head.

"Good morning my lady! How was your sleep?"

Amy let out another giggle as she snared her arms around his body and pulled him close to her. "It was great." She said before kissing his cheek. She was usually clingy in the morning, which Jake always looked forward to.

"I think that sweater might be a bit big on you babe." Jake says and feels Amy's smile grow bigger on his chest.

"Well, it's warm, and it reminds me of my husband, so I don't care." Amy said before running her hands through Jake's curls. When she did that, it made Jake go crazy. "He's a really great guy." He smiled at her and leaned down to kiss her softly, just enjoying the moment and the feeling of her soft lips on his. It was like she was the only real thing in the world.

"Why are you up so early? I always get up before you" Amy yawned, still latched to Jake.

"I have no idea, I just woke up and I didn't want to wake you because you look so beautiful when you sleep, so I came into the kitchen to make breakfast."

"Aw, you didn't have to do that Jake."

Jake, still dancing with Amy latched onto him, kissed her cheek. "I'd do anything for you Ames." He closed his eyes, relaxed, and tried to take it all in. It was these moments, that he loved the most. Amy was so close to him he could feel her breath on his neck and her hair tickled his face.

Amy looked up at Jake and kissed his nose. "You're the sweetest. I love you and your bad dance moves."

Jake grinned, picked her up bridal style, and walked into the living room. "you'll pay for that one, Santiago!"

"Jake! Put me down!" Amy whined playfully.

When Jake did put her down, it was on the couch, and then he sat right beside her, tickling her. She laughed loudly and squirmed in his grasp until she begged him to stop and she kissed him. Immediately after, Amy once again wrapped her arms around Jake's torso and snuggled up to him, head on his chest. As Jake sat there playing with her hair and placing kisses on her head, he couldn't help but think how damn lucky he was. Every day he got to wake up with Amy beside him seemed like a miracle. He loved the way she meticulously planned events, the way she had a binder for everything, and even that she kept record of the length of her pencils. She was caring, kind, ambitious, hard-working, and strong. She was so perfect, he couldn't think of one flaw. Each day he got to spend with someone as amazing as her was crazy to him, just as he had said at their wedding. In fact, he reminded himself how lucky he was every day. He promised himself on their wedding day that he would never, ever stop loving her. Memories like those he loved to reflect on.

Jake must have been quiet for a while, because Amy looked up at him with a look of concern in her eyes and cupped his face in her hands. "Jake, what's wrong?" she said, trying to read his look. Even concerned, Amy was still the cutest thing ever. Her eyes sparkled and were intoxicating to look at. He smiled at her, staring at her beautiful face. "Nothing Ames. God, I'm so in love with you." He whispered before kissing her forehead and squeezing her tight.

Amy giggled again as she blushed. "Aww, stop it Jake." Jake grinned even wider, admiring her beauty.

"No babe, I'm serious. I love everything about you. I love your hair, your eyes, your skin, and your butt!"

Amy let out a laugh which made Jake's whole body seem to melt. He kissed her head again before continuing.

"Every day that I get to wake up to you beside me is a dream come true. You're my dream girl Amy Santiago, I don't know what I'd ever do without you. I love you so much."

With that said, Amy untangled her arms from his body and put both her hands around his neck and in his hair before sitting in his lap. Jake's hands found their way to her waist.

"Jake Peralta, I love you so much. There has never been someone righter for me." She said before kissing him with as much passion as she could muster, to which he returned gladly. They rested their foreheads together. Amy was again the only thing in the world in that moment, all that mattered. He loved her so much, more than she could ever know. What a lucky guy he was.

When they had finished eating breakfast, Jake found himself watching the morning cartoons as Amy cuddled up to him, her head under his chin. He rubbed her head and played with her hair, which he knew she always enjoyed. Amy planted soft kisses on his chest before slowly falling asleep in his arms. As he wrapped his arms around her protectively, he thought to himself. This morning had been amazing, and he hoped every Saturday morning was the same.