Never Give In (a BVB fanfic)

Everyone thought I was some kind of freak: my parents, my brother, just because Im not like them. I live in a neighborhood, near Hollywood, where different is frowned upon and I am different. How am I so different? I love dark colors, rock music and I don't care what other people think of me. My family is the exact opposite. My name is Emma and I am 18 today. 

I walk down stairs to the living room and see my brother, Max sitting on the couch drinking a beer, sitting in his boxers. "Max, where are mom and dad?" I ask him and he ignores me. I sigh and shake my head. I walk into the kitchen to make some food. "They went out for vacation, remember. Now don't get in my way you emo bitch." Max said. I grabbed a soda and went back upstairs to my room. 

I opened my closet and pulled out my favorite clothes and whatever else I knew I needed. I had to get out of here. I packed everything up, grabbed my stash of money, wrote a short note and left. I walked towards the nearest main street and took out my phone, 8am. 

I waved down a cab and told the driver the address to go to. I arrived in front of a house in faded colors and a well taken care of garden in the front yard. I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding and walked up to the door. As I was about to knock the door opened to an elderly woman. "Emma? What are you doing here?" she asked. "Grandma, I ran away from home and you are the only one who understands me and lets me be me." I say crying at this point and she wraps her arms around me. 

Grandma welcomes me inside and I set my things in the guest room. "Emma darling!" I hear grandma call to me and I go to her. "What is it?" I asked and she holds out a box wrapped in black and silver paper tied with a purple ribbon. "This is for your birthday. You will probably want to open your other presents first though." Grandma said and I gave the a hug. "Thank you grandma!" I said and opened my first present.  

It is a pair of black skinny genes, the new BVB tee and the new BVB jacket along with some war paint. "Grandma! This is great! I love it!" I exclaimed while she smiled. "Now for the best part." She said and handed me the box. I carefully unwrapped the box and took a deep breath. Opening the box my breath was caught, there was a ticket and a backstage pass to the BVB concert tonight.