CHAPTER 1

Disclaimer: I don't own spirited away and so are the characters. Rated 16+ contents.

(A/N: I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it! Please do tell me what you think about it~)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who knew, that a lost fairy tale that nobody else knows about would once again reveal itself. It has been 10 years, the long awaited years that Chihiro spent meticulously going back and forth to the Kohaku River that her beloved one once saved her from.

She never lost hope, she never gave up and counting the years that passed by meant nothing to her, she doesn't care how long it would take, and all she wishes for is to see the one whom she made a promise to meet again.

The River dried up, as the brown almost seemingly dead soil that revealed itself from the empty river pathway seemed to have been empty for a long time. The buildings that covered up the river were empty storage houses that no one even uses.

These past 10 years, Chihiro felt out of place, as if this world that she originally belonged to no longer feels home for her. She felt like walking puppet, the only thing that kept her moving was the words that kept ringing in her ears.

"Haku..." She whispered, she feels so tired.

Not far from the river side that she was just on, there was a hill that had a large tree. That was the spot where she would always gaze up in the sky, let time pass by and feel the warm breeze that tickles her every time it touches her skin.

She looked down, hugging her knees as tears once again swelled up in her brown-pupil eyes.

She kept telling herself that time doesn't matter, she will wait no matter how long it takes – but honestly, there was a part of her that kept telling her to give up already; think of it as a wild imagination from a young child's mind, and nothing but a world of make believe.

But the memories hunts her, the experience that time was definitely real, the touch from his palm and the voice that keeps echoing in her head was just too real.

"I'm going crazy," she sobbed, as tears continuously fall down her cheeks, she once again stared at her wrist – scarred wrist, and a deep penetrated mark that has been curved on her fragile wrist could no longer be erased.

3 years after that fantastical experience, everything started falling apart – everything suddenly went wrong, the home that she once was so proud of fell apart before her eyes, both of her parents fell out of love for one another and soon after, both of them found a new family to grow up with...but, what about her?

She was given a choice to choose, to her mother's side or to her father's? Both seemed like a place that she won't blend in, and so she made a decision that she will become independent and will live on her own, on a small apartment that could barely fit 2 person inside.

Suicide was never on her mind, it never once crossed her mind – until those sad things happened. She was lost, confused, angry, sad, and hopeless, for a 13 year old child to experience that? Anyone would go insane.

3 years once again passed by in the blink of an eye, and everything...EVERYTHING just seems to not go the way she wants it. She couldn't balance her school and work, so she have decided to give up on school, because she has to earn money to live. Both of her parents, never showed up nor tried to send a message to check out how she is.

3 days without food, she was forcing herself to feel full with just tap water. Her body became weak, she became thinner, she lost weight and every night, she couldn't even sleep because of her hurting tummy. And the same night, she finally gave up – thinking to herself, why does she have to suffer? Why has heaven abandoned her? She just feel so tired, hungry, lifeless and useless.

From the corner of her eye, a shimmering knife that was glimmered by the moonlight that was passing through her window, she weakly crawled to reach for it and as soon as her fingers touched the cold metal, she immediately placed them on her wrist, as she lifelessly searched for her vital part.

*drip drip*

The string of blood made its way down to the bed sheets, as the white dirty sheets was completely being colored with red, Chihiro felt relief, she thought that finally...her suffering will end; it wasn't a good life, she thought. Broken family, her parents leaving her behind, and the love that she was still waiting that never came. No one was there when she needed someone, she had to cry alone.

She couldn't feel the pain, she was too numb. She slowly closed her eyes, her face became paler. The nonstop blood that was gushing out of her wrists showed no sign of tiring out.

She thought that it was the end, until something suddenly glowed in front of her...when she slowly opened her eyes, she saw the hair tie that Zeniba gave her, it was floating in the air as it twirls and glimmer.

"Poor child..." she heard a familiar voice and she thought that without a doubt, it was Zeniba.

She weakly chuckled, asking to herself...Why now? She was too weak to even keep her eyes open, so she spoke in her mind, which she knows that Zeniba can hear.

"I'm tired, Grandma...At least pass this message to Haku...that I-"

"Oh no, you will be the one to tell him the things that you want to tell him...Don't worry my child, just sleep..."

And as soon as the voice said that, her consciousness drifted off.

When she woke up, it felt as if nothing happened – but no, the marks were there and the bed sheet was soaked with red spots.

Chihiro snapped into reality, and yet again, now 4 years once again passed. With a total of 10 years of waiting for Haku, she thought of this as a second chance to live. And she don't know what happened that night when she decided to end everything.

But right after that, everything started going right, she managed to continue her studies, got a good job and she thought, that she was finally free from misery, until one day...she was once again sent to the pits of hell.

Chihiro snapped out of her thoughts, as she was once again reminded of where she was, tears streamed down her cheeks, she clenched her fists as she lowered her forehead to touch her knees, and she tightly closed her eyes.

"Haku...I'll wait for you as long as you want me to, at least give me a sign to know at least that you're doing okay." She muttered.

"But...I'm running out of time,". She choked in her tiny voice.