Ashinaga's bride

Ashinaga they called their leader, named after the long legged demon of Japanese folklore.

 He often returned smelling of blood and his clothes often had its traces if you looked closer.

It had been a few days I guessed, time couldn't be told in the room I was held captive.

There were no clocks and natural light was absent. 

The people who brought my meals never spoke and this left me restless.

I dreamed of the sakura flowers, I wanted to go see them.

I rummaged through my handbag, they had taken my cellphone and laptop but I still had my sketchpad.

I took it out and began to write haikus as they were my  hobby.

I dreamed of cherry blossoms

When I had the freedom to dream

Now I dream of freedom.

A light sleeper I was surprised when I stirred to find a large, calloused hand caressing my cheek.

I shrunk as far as I could away from him alarmed. 

How did I sleep peacefully in this situation, I directed the curses inward.

I found that his attention was drawn to the sketchpad, I lunged to grab it but as expected he had lightning reflexes.

He stood up as he went through the contents.

When he drew near, I was a little sceptical and afraid.

 instinctively closed my eyes.

I felt the bed dip under his weight and I opened my eyes to find him staring at me amusingly.

Don't think of escaping, if you behave well I will take you out at the end of this week.

Oh before I forget, I thought you'd like to take a look at this he said tossing a document on the bed.

It was a marriage certificate, I'm sure my string of curse words were heard all over Kyoto that day.

Then I heard a huge commotion, the voices in the hallway crew loud and scary. 

A number of voices drew near my door and in burst a few women.

Their cheap perfume soon hung in the air making my eyes blurry with uneasiness.

They began to set out clothes and gush over how fortunate I was.

A familiar figure strode in and shooed them out.

He then looked at me, his eyes a bit softened.

Let's have a simple ceremony, as I was about to protest he said.

I won't have you go against me and he slammed the door as his footsteps receded.

I put on the simple white gown laid on the table and tapped the door.

The ceremony progressed without a hitch.

In spite of my physical presence, my mind floated to other worlds.

I thought of escape and eyed the entrance during the wedding banquet.

But I quickly banished the idea as I felt his heated gaze scrutinising  every movement I made.

If this had been a shoujo manga, I would have my red thread of fate connected to the one but It seems reality couldn't be more cruel I mulled full of bitterness.