0/2

__

malaise
like the moon, we descend into momentary rapture

_______

| they live in colors.

jisoo is monochromatic. she paints lines in black and white and yes and no and right and wrong, every side polished and every edge sharp.

with her, it is one polar opposite or the other, it is a beginning or an end, it is everything or nothing at all.

there is no middle, there is no center, there is no in-between. there are no dreams, only reality, and this is the only way she knows to live.

taehyung is kaleidoscopic. he splashes swirls and shapes, red and orange and yellow and green and blue and every other color ever discovered, engulfing her in an overwhelming, confusing, never-ending stream.

his fireworks burst golden sunsets and white moons and neon green fields—that she'd only witnessed in between flimsy pages—his clouds shining splendid silver in her sky. he chases rainbows and runs after sunsets and never ever stops, and this is the only way he knows to live.

(it is a beauty they do not know to capture—he never sees the way she looks at him with so much hope bursting in her heart and she never sees the way he looks at her like she is his saving grace;

he never really sees, and she never really sees—it slips off their fingers like water and escapes them like an invisible ghost and disappears without a trace.)

together , they do not make sense.

she is dull, reserved (revered) and neck-deep in solitude. her cracks and fissures are apparent, her private scar running deep and her blood trickles, overflows, never stops.

it is carved on her face, etched on her skin, and he can see it in her eyes, smell it in her breath, hear it in her heartbeat.

he is not without flaw too, for he has no clear, sharp lines, but he dances in a patch of golden sunlight. he brims of hope and faith and trust, the perfect prism of colors blending into one another that it is impossible to know where one ends and another begins.

his fingertips weave magic, curving every straight line he projects into a smile as glittering as constellations.

this is as close to happiness as she can get, so jisoo takes it and asks for nothing more.

-

taehyung visits fairly often now, anytime he can and isn't busy helping his brother with coding formulas and installing systems.

(to her surprise, he tells her that his brother is a jack-of-all-trades and works under her father. he admits it loudly, proudly, and he should because it's the first time an engineer hallower with enough caliber of catching her overcritical fathers eyes, existed.)

and though he can't always spare the time to find her in the library, when he does he turns out to be an excellent student to the works she plans out for him to read.

jisoo knows he isn't interested in books about the populations of the squidcopi and the biological impact their growth rate has created on marine life down on earth but she instinctively can pick out which ones would garner his attention.

anything with technology is obvious, and he shows a surprising amount of interest in the meditation instructions and policies she had been reading before.

he also has a certain fondness for the historical works of their predecessors adventures and sometimes tries understanding the small tidbits of scientific fact that comes along with certain manufacturing techniques.