CHAPTER one.

*

* .     . ·  .   ·     .           *  ·   

    . ·   · +  .        · ** ˚      . . +       

·   ⋆        *        .         

* .     . ·  .   ·     .

· ·       .. ✷   ✧ . .

THE CITY OF SANKTHAM WAS OF A DESOLATE KIND.     The place and its patrons belonged to a tiny part of Coruscant, a petite corner nestled in the heart of the galaxy. Several kinds known to the cosmos roamed the streets, seeking out a thrill of some sort. Sanktham was no tourist attraction, save for the theatre that hadn't seen the light of day in years and the masked vigilante that prowled through the night. One with the shadows, he flew through the dark, befriending it and making it his confidant. He came out to serve justice to the unruly, to the scum of the dirt that crusted Coruscant's earth. The inhabitants only knew of him by a single name:

     THE MARAUDER.

     It was seemingly ironic to equate the act of insighting justice to a man who named himself after a thief, however, it was more a statement than any actual sentiment. It didn't hold much meaning, it was a title befit for someone who sought out the worst of the worst, thieving them of their soul-crushing tactics (maybe it did hold meaning). He was a mystery to most that lived in Sanktham, and a menace to those who knew.

     And to those who have yet to meet him, he was a warning.

The Marauder was met with a satisfying crunch as his boot landed a heavy blow to the spice runner's elbow, displacing it and cracking the joint in two before punching him square in the nose.

     When he retracted his fist, an arm was brought around his neck to bring him into a chokehold, but he was quick enough to ram his elbow into the perpetrator's stomach, sending them back and giving him the open chance to strike. He was about to swing a punch when a rope caught around the man's neck, sweeping him off of his feet and landing him on his back. A figure emerged from the shadows—a woman in a leather cat-like suit and hair the shade of the blood that poured from the men's mouths as they lay groaning on the ground, gasping for air.

    "I had him," the Marauder spoke to his fighting partner, THE MAGE. The Mage only smiled mischievously as she sauntered forward, taunting, "Really? Looks like he had you."

    "I was going to knock him out but you got to him before I could."

    "So you admit it?" The Mage raised a precocious brow, "I saved your life?"