The Great escape

Till we become old some of our memories remained fresh to certain extend. This was one among those memories which happened at my age of five. My school will end at 2.30 pm. It was one of the finest days in the school where my mind was not in peace and it keeps on pestered me to do that. It is one of the reputed schools in the Chennai city. There is a system in the school. According to that parents can bring the food and they can feed the children during the lunch time. On that day, while coming to school itself I determined to go in half a day leave. As I was watching my red colour mickey mouse watch, my friend asked me the reason behind it. But I did not reveal him anything about my lunch plans to him. The time passed as slow as tortoise. Each and every moment was like hell to me. I did not listen to the class and my thoughts were flying like some winged insects which could not rest for a while on a particular thing. Instead of listening to the class my eyes were inspecting on some other things like my friend's spiky hairstyle, footwear of my teacher, pencil box of my another classmate, designed ear rings of my side bench girl, and often the dog outside our class got my attention, then suddenly my thoughts went to the subject of restrooms. The empty verandahs of the rest room made me to think whether is there ghost inside the restrooms and what will happen if someone was attacked by it. I diverted my mind to think some other things but I too scared of ghosts. As the fire inside my stomach did not allowed me to thing on other things. My mind automatically went on to the lunch. I imagined myself what if my mother brings me sambar rice or curd rice with Papads. Then suddenly bell rang and I am very enthusiastic within myself but I did not show that outside. When the bell rang, I came with my bag with sick face and pretended to be very tired. As my friend brought his lunch with him in the morning itself and his mother did not come on that day. He sat with us. While eating the food, I willingly coughed for more than two times. I told my mother that I could not eat the food and I had severe headache. On hearing this, my friend got shocked to see me because before the lunch I was very active and even made fun on his spiky hairs. My mom kept her hands in neck and checked whether my body's temperature. My body also co-operated with me because my body was so hot at that time. After the lunch, my mom informed my class teacher and I went away in half a day leave. I was very happy, as my mission was very successful.

On next day again, I came to school and my friend was very upset with me for leaving him alone and I also made fun of him for the previous day events. Again, before the lunch my mind cherished the moments on previous day and how I spent my successful half day by play games and watching cartoons. So, I decided to go home on that day too. The bell rang and rushed out of the class with the same energy. But I was disappointed and shocked, because instead my mom, my dad brought my lunch and my friend laughed at me for my situation. I know my dad was strict in attending schools and classes and he even won't allow me to take leave for even a day. After the lunch, my dad too came with me to meet my class teacher and I was very scared because mostly my parents threaten me that they will complain about mischievousness to her. So, I tried to stop him but he took me and hold in his hands, in the mean while my friend Sundar informed my father's arrival to everyone in the class and my classmates were very eager to see me getting scolding from my teacher. My heart beat raised and I heard its beating sound. But everyone got disappointment and I was surprised because he met my teacher for asking half a day leave for attending a marriage reception. So, once again I left the school happily with him and attended the function.

The real problem started on the next day morning. As I took half a day leave for past two days my dirty mind desired to put leave on that day because the next day was Saturday and if I put leave on that day it would be hattrick and I would get three days holidays to enjoy myself. I asked my mom's permission to put leave. But she refused and send me with my brother. On the way I kept on thinking about this and got stressed. I want to cross the main road at three places in the way from my school to our home. As it was a busy road, mostly one cannot cross those roads alone. Then we reached the school and the time passed by and at the lunch period my mom came with the food and while eating I asked to take me with her. But she refused. Suddenly, my father too came there. I do not want to irritate him. So, I ate quietly and took my bag and walked towards the class from the ground. Then, I went to the class and kept my bag. Then I verified that my parents were not there and they had gone to home. Suddenly, I got a spark and took my bag and I ran to the second gate of my school. The advantage of those gates are they do not have any watchman. With the great relief, I started to walk fast with my bag. I know bunking the school is a crime, one side I was feared on my parents and teacher. But my desire to go home surpassed everything. I crossed the first main road near the school and I started to run towards the second. Then as I was nearing the second place to cross. Suddenly, I was shocked to hear someone yelling at my name. I turned back with fear. It was my uncle who caught while crossing the road and his children were studying in my same school. He knew about the school timings and he found out that I was bunking the class and he did not allow me to go and asked me to sit in his bike. I told him that I was hungry and that is the genuine reason for me to bunk today. When we reached the school, I was spell bounded and stunned to see my parents near the first gate. Then, I realized the truth that they did not leave the school and they were talking with some of father's co worker for more than fifteen minutes. My parents were astonished to see me standing in front of them instead of inside the campus. My mother asked me what am I doing outside the school. I could not open my mouth. Suddenly, my uncle told them that he was the one who took me out for buy me chocolates. My uncle did not tell thee truth. But my parents were staring at me for troubling him. Before our arrival to school, the lunch got over and the period gone by fifteen minutes. Now, my parents take me to the class. In the class my class teacher lost her temper and she was shouting at everyone because of me. She thought that my parents had took me half a day without her permission. On seeing my parents, within a fraction of seconds she teacher changed her face and welcomed me with smiling face and asked me to sit in my bench. As soon as she smiles at us, the whole laughed at her in the loud voice. Then, I felt guilty for that day and did remained quite not to say about anything which happened on that day. That was the day, because of my uncle I got escaped from the punishments from my parents, teacher, getting black marks on my name and even I was escaped from getting accident while crossing the roads. On that day, I realised that one should not be controlled by obsession, temptation and some unacceptable desires at the very young age. If we were controlled by those qualities then we might face some fatal consequences in life.