One night stand

A new beginning starts with a beautiful accident

**

Bam was dreaming – he told himself he must be. Because in his dream there was a warm mouth on his neck, his cheek, and then his mouth. This was all very odd to him. He wasn't really the sort to have wet dreams and a bit of shinsoo usually did the trick to control any urges.

He remembered taking sixteen steps up the staircase. A right turn, and his arm was around a shoulder. Fourteen steps to his room. Five steps from his door to the bed and he tumbles over with someone.

The person underneath him feels strangely familiar. Maybe it was the smell of the mint and aloe shampoo, the one the team shared in the common bathroom. Maybe it was the way the tongue fluttered against his own – in his hazy brain he felt that only someone very witty could figure out how to flutter a tongue like this. His tongue poked back with ill experience.

He remembered removing someone's clothes. The pop pop pop of the buttons and the clink clink clink of belt buckles. Bam couldn't remember whether it was his own. He felt a bright chill on his bare skin and realized that someone had removed his clothes too.

Bam is overheating and it's not because of the radiator in the room.

Ah – there it was. He could finally see the person with him. High cheek bones, a sharp chin, unblemished skin that glowed like a luminous pearl on the sheets, and... silver blue hair. He blinked. Khun?

Bam woke up with a headache that was splitting his skull into two. The clock on the wall had its hands pointed to ten past ten. He groaned, feeling static in his head; a dizzy hum inside a seashell. The white ceiling spun into focus and the alcohol in his bloodstream finally faded to a dull, unpleasant taste in his mouth.

So this was what Leesoo meant by a hangover. There was no beautiful science about a hangover and it just made you feel dreadful. He moved a hand to turn over the blankets and froze.

He wasn't wearing any clothes.

He hastily dived for the heap on the floor, snatching his shirt, trousers, and underwear. He never once slept fully undressed, but maybe – just maybe, his preferences changed when he was drunk. Yes, the dream was just a dream. He floats to the washroom to douse his face in some water.

Bam makes his bed just like every other day even though it's at least four hours past his usual morning routine. He rolled the thin cotton blanket, plumped the pillows and tugged the corners of the linen. He stops abruptly, fingers quivering. There were silvery blue strands that stood out clearly against the white bedspread.

It came back to him in fragments. Khun's blue hair splayed against the white sheets like a masterpiece. He is rosy-cheeked under the moonlight and his mouth opened a silver before pulling Bam down against him.

Bam puts a hand over his mouth in horror. Oh no. Oh no! He took a step back involuntarily and the back of his head thudded against the wall.

He guessed it wasn't a dream after all.

*

Bam tried to make himself as small and inconspicuous as possible as he walked into a room that smelled like meat and steamed buns. He barely slinked into the furthest chair from Khun before Leesoo clapped a hand on his back.

"Bam!"

A hand squeezed his shoulder. "Aw Bam, you were such an adorable drunk last night!"

Bam cringed. He wasn't sure if he wanted to know how he was adorable last night. He shot Hatsu a grateful smile as a bowl of cabbage and beef broth was slid under his nose. In the middle of the table stood a pyramid of fluffy steamed buns; delicious looking white pillows.