Chapter 1 - Portraying an edge

That girl of nineteen, is somewhat strange than others. Its not a judgement about her...just a way to portray her in words. She isn't strange because she doesn't speak much, is selectively open to people or stays nervous at public places, but because she conceals too much & hardly reveals as such.

Concealing for her, doesn't go with scars, but with her opinions, her feelings, her hazy & a bit unclear expressions and unscripted impressions. She has this peculiar hobby of gazing at unfamiliar people around her and getting nervous, the moment she gets attention.

Now let me reveal, how do I know her so much, even though she is so much restricted. Surprisingly I am one of those strangers, she was gazing at and the nuance about this moment was that, I unknowingly became a part of this still stare scandal.

That day usually, she was looking around her and her eyes suddenly stopped at a particular view. I remember, she was sitting at the table next to mine, yet quite distant...

She had her elbows rested over her table and her chin inclined at an acute angle supported by her hands.

She was suspiciously looking at her left, with her pupils aside, may be for not getting caught or for avoiding attention.
I was the one at her immediate left. But....noooo! How can I be so fortunate to be in the list of her selective visuals.

I felt like asking her, but as we were distant I felt the need to stand & approach her.

Meanwhile she is still staring there and suddenly her focus is lost. What the fshhh, why did I stand, I made her concious and she just got nervous, scared and stood up in a hurry.

That moment, everything got clumsy & weird and she just walked out from there.
Like a freaking dumb, I sat back to my place, regretting my action, but her reaction was just so uncanny & gave weird assumptions in my mind.

After a moment, I realised, may be I should look what she was looking for. I looked around at possible things, she might be gazing at and I didn't find anything as such.
Then suddenly, I had this cliche of imitating her posture to make out what she was actually looking at, and I sat on her table, the way she was sitting.

And there I found it after so long. A black chit, under the table, I was earlier sitting at. I curiously went there without wasting my further time and picked up that black chit. It wasn't a usual paper, and this made me a lot more curious to know whats inside.

That black chit was folded and over it, encarved words in silver, said- "Unfold the command"
Out of arousal to unleash the command, my heart was pounding. I unfolded it and got my eyes over the golden message, written inside it, "Get candles, you'll be lit in passion"

Below the message was a bar, rough in texture, it had a caption that said- "Swipe to know how".
All of this was so unreal, it got me carried away & I swiped that bar, just to feed my starving curiosity.

And damn...that was literally ignited. It just lit my hands and made me panic and shock stricken for that while. The black chit turned into ash in just a few seconds in air. I wasn't able to absorb what just happened a while ago & how?

All I had was, a flash of that message stuck in my head, "Get candles, you'll be lit in passion".