Chapter 1

This chapter jumps a little starting from 10 years ago which has a little more background to the main characters.

Bren had just passed his certificate in tattooing he was offered a job at just inked which was owned by Lee. He had previously done his shadowing and work experience in the shop. He and Lee had become friends and to be honest Bren felt a connection. Though they were friends and spent a lot of time together Lee tried to keep Bren at a distance which confused Bren a lot.

Bren had also been training with his dad since he was 12 to become the next Alpha which he decided he did not want the role. He had already told his dadà that he wanted his uncle to take cover when the time was right. Bren believed in being treated equally like the other Alpha born shifters in the pack. He had several arguments over the years with his dad. As soon as he was 23 his parents had been killed and he still refused to become Alpha so his uncle took over as the Alpha of the pack.

Time jump to 6 years ago

Lee's POV

Hi my name is Lee I am the owner of just inked. I am also Bren's mate which sad to say he does not know I am. You see when he started to work for me when he turned 18 I was 26. I knew right at the beginning he was my mate but I did not want him to know the truth about me. You see I was originally born in Churchill, Manitoba. I moved here when I was about 10 with my uncle Clint. He died when I was 24 and left me the shop and everything he owned. Before he died he told me the real reason my parents were killed, which was to do with me. I am what you call a half breed my dad was a polar bear but my ma was actually a panda. I was lucky I was born as a polar cub otherwise my old pack would have killed me as they were old school and only believe that their own kind should be brought into the pack no freaks as they called half breeds. Though I am not linked to Bren's pack I am class as a lone bear I am treated the same as others. Also though I come across as an Alpha due to my build I am actually a mix Alpha and beta and can carry cubs. I do have heats which are not as regular as omegas or females have. I have heat maybe twice a year. I try to hide my scent and take medication to control them. I plan to tell Bren the truth as I don't want to fight it anymore and to be honest my bear Bleu is ready to be mated to our mate and his bear Ren.

I know this last year has been hard for Bren as a lot of changes have happened especially since his parents had been killed and now his uncle is the Alpha of the pack. Today has been different though my bear has been on edge and I feel a little hotter than I usually do. It is probably to do with the fact it is a full moon tonight and my bear wants to be near his mate.