disagreement - Tooru Oikawa

"The sky is a lovely orange today," You sighed as you stretched your arms. 

Oikawa, who was walking in front of you, stopped in his tracks. Without hesitating, he turned back to look at you, an incredulous look in his eyes. 

"The sky is pink. Definitely not orange." He rolled his eyes as he continued to walk down the street, not stopping to wait for you. 

"It's orange! I swear! And hey, wait for me!" You yelled after him, waving your arms.

Oikawa scoffed in a childish manner. "I'm not waiting for someone who claims that the sky is orange."

'Is this guy... for real?' You deadpanned. Nevertheless, you still continued to bicker with him about the sky's actual colour. 

"What are you two doing, shouting in the middle of the road?" Iwaizumi's nonchalant voice suddenly jumped into the conversation just as he materialized on the other end of the street you and Oikawa were walking on. 

"Iwa-chan! What colour is the sky?" A heated Oikawa howled at his best friend. Iwaizumi made a weird face, then replied, "Grey."

"WHAT?!" You and Oikawa yelled in unison. At least Oikawa came up with a reasonable answer... Iwaizumi was just plain wrong. 

"Whatever. Does it matter? Hurry up, let's go eat dinner already. How about at that new ramen bar in our neighbourhood?" Iwaizumi crossed his arms, apparently done with both of you and your childish behaviour. 

You lit up and Oikawa stuck his tongue out when both of you heard the word 'ramen'. 

"Mm, sounds good!" You said at the same time as Oikawa loudly complained, "Ew, the only thing I will eat is milk bread." 

Iwaizumi sighed after hearing both of your reactions. "When will you two ever agree on something?" He asked before continuing to walk ahead. 

"That's true. We never agree on anything," You muttered, realising the quirky fact that Iwaizumi had brought up. 

"Hm, what did you say, Y/n-chan~?" Oikawa hummed. 

You scowled at him. "It's Y/n-san to you." 

He jumped back a few steps, mock hurt expressed on his unfortunately handsome face. "Y/n-chan! Don't be so mean to your childhood friend!" He shouted in a childish tone. 

You rolled your eyes. "A childhood friend who is annoying," you corrected him. You turned away from him and headed in Iwaizumi's direction, excited for your ramen dinner. 

After you took two steps, you realised Oikawa hadn't reacted to your statement. You turned back to face him, wondering if there was anything going on. 

As worry crept into your heart, you were met with a staring Oikawa. The worry instantly vanished, replaced by a weird palpitating and anxious feeling. It was definitely not feelings of worry. So what was it? As you thought about it,  you unconsciously held your breath, wondering what on earth had gotten into Oikawa. 

Wait. Palpitating feeling...? You widened your eyes. 

'No. It can't be...'

You were snapped out of your thoughts when peals of laughter filled your ears. You came back to the present to see Oikawa laughing uncontrollably. 

"HA- I'm sorry, Y/n-chan, - HA, HA!" He laughed, genuinely happy. You cocked your head to the side, bewildered by this rare sight. He looked... different when he was laughing like that. Oikawa appeared cheerful often, yes - but they were never genuinely happy expressions. It was all just part of his defense mechanism, a part of his emotional wall. Being his childhood friend, you knew this much, because he used to be way happier back then when you three lived in the countryside. It was just him, volleyball and you and Iwaizumi. 

Ever since you guys moved to Miyagi, where it was more urbanized, things became more stressful for the setter...

"Y/n-chan?" Oikawa's voice snapped you out of your trance yet again. 

"Ah!" You exclaimed, caught off-guard. He just flashed a smile, then continued to walk ahead of you. 

"By the way, what did you find so funny?" You asked as you caught up to him, genuinely curious about what made you laugh. 

"You. You are funny," Oikawa smiled cheekily as he told you his answer. You just "hmph-ed" in response, and you two started to walk in a somewhat awkward silence. 

"Y/n-chan, what if you're wrong?" Oikawa suddenly asked, although he kept his eyes on the road ahead. 

"Eh? Wrong about what?" You asked, puzzled by the abstract question that Oikawa asked you.

"About us not agreeing on anything." He muttered, his voice suddenly serious. Hearing that tone, your heart stopped for a moment without warning. 

'Why... Why am I like this?!' 

"And how do you prove that?" You asked him in return, challenging his statement. He grinned that grin, the grin that always meant he was plotting something. Something evil

"I like you." The words tumbled out of his mouth faster than you caught on. 

"Huh?" You blinked. It was as if he had dropped a bomb on you. Like? Who? What

"Do you disagree with that~?" Oikawa hummed, looking at you with a different, deeper gaze that made your heart beat faster. 

You paused. "I-I don't have evidence to disagree with that, do I?"

He stopped walking, then trailed behind you. 

"And what if you have evidence?" He whispered in your ear, his breath hot on your neck. 

It was your turn to stop walking as your cheeks turned bright red. 

"I-" You started, but was stopped as you got pulled by a pair of strong arms into an embrace, your lips coming into contact with Oikawa's warm ones. 

A warm feeling burst forth into your body from Oikawa's 'evidence'. Surprisingly, the kiss felt good. Never in the past sixteen years of your life would you have thought that a kiss with Tooru Oikawa would be this... perfect

Soon, both of you were gasping for air. Breaking apart, Oikawa continued to tease you with his expression.

"Okay, you got evidence now. Do you disagree?" Oikawa's mischievous gaze met yours as you continued to blush profusely from the sudden kiss. 

Then it all became clear. That palpitating feeling, the worry, the heart beat quickening...

"N-no, I don't..."

kaye: hey guys! back this week with an interesting one-shot.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) thought of this plot in class and decided to use it.. see you soon!