❄️ Chapter 3 ❄️

💠

💠

The weather was slowly turning for the worse as clouds greyed and skies darkened. It was an eerie sight, especially for anyone who wouldn't be able to find shelter during the snowstorm. Wind twisted and turned as it tousled the trees around, freezing anyone's noses and ears to an icicle.

Thirteen year-old Jaemin huddled under a cloth he found in a nearby garbage can, using it as the only source of warmth to get through this ice storm. It was already freezing, and snow hadn't started to fall yet. Winter was always a difficult season to survive through, but the boy somehow managed the past three years of this cold harsh weather. But this time, it seemed the heavens above were not giving him justice.

The first few snowflakes fell and one landed on Jaemin's nose, making the boy flinch and wipe at it with the cloth he held. Luckily he had hidden himself in an unpopulated alleyway next to a garbage can, so that people wouldn't pass by and laugh at his lack of wealth. That was his logic, anyway.

More snow began to fall and it was starting to be blown by the wind, creating a harsher snowfall that bit at your skin. Jaemin shivered harshly with chattering teeth. Normally he would've found a shelter by now, but he was lost and unable to do so. The city was swarmed with people, and any one of them could possibly be a threat to a kid like him.

Snow covered the skies like a blanket, creating a cloud of white that surrounded every inch of the city, including the alleyway where Jaemin resided. He didn't want to think about it, but his flesh was slowly getting colder. It was way too cold this time, and it seemed impossible to make it through this one, unless the storm cleared in a few minutes. The snow stuck to the strands of his dark hair and even to his eyelashes.

His chattering teeth slowly resided as his bones stopped rattling. A sudden, abnormal warmth spread through his body and made him feel comfortable. But in no way was this good, he was getting hypothermia, and was well aware of it. If it didn't warm up soon, the worst case scenario would most likely happen.

Jaemin's lips turned lifeless and blue as the snow continued to hit his face. Was this really the end? After surviving every year of his hellish life, it was just going to suddenly end?

Dark hair that was crusted with ice fell in front of his face as he looked down at the cloth, feeling a bitter smile creep onto his frozen cheeks. A small tear escaped his eye, but wasted no time to freeze. Maybe dying wouldn't be so bad after all.

But his bittersweet thoughts were interrupted by a different warmth this time, almost feeling too hot for his liking. Jaemin slowly felt himself melt into it though, embracing whatever this suddenly warm feeling was. He began to feel the cold again, no longer sweltering in false heat as he felt breath against his freezing ears.

After a few minutes, Jaemin managed to crack his eyes open, seeing a figure wrapped tightly around him. He noticed the clothes and how the person was wearing a tank top with ripped sleeves, and normal skinny jeans clothed his legs, that were laying around his waist. Jaemin began to feel the arms wrapped tightly around him and the body pressed against his. No wonder it got so warm, and this person was like a full on heater.