A School Girl's Life

Remember those days at school where it didn’t really matter what you wore? Or when you would argue with friends over things like being a ‘copy-cat’? Or when you made up pretend games where you and your friends had pretend super-powers or pretend unicorns as pets?

Yeah, I remember those good ol’ days. Sometimes I wish life could still be that simple. But unfortunately, every living organism goes through this life-changing phase called growing up; including me.

I’m in 8th grade, going on to 9th grade now, and let me tell you: entering high school was…well, I wouldn’t say TOUGH, but it wasn’t a breeze either.

Things got off to a rough start. My parents decided to move from our humble little suburb in sunny California, to another suburb…in Massachusetts. Yep, going from West to East. The catch here is that they didn’t tell me until my second-to-last day of school. They said they ‘didn’t want to upset me too much’ because I’ve never been to a different school before. This obviously gave me almost NO TIME to say good-bye to my friends. And having been at the same old public school all my life, I pretty much knew everyone as well as I know how to spell my own name. So I had to say good-bye to almost EVERYONE at that school.

The thing that was really unfair, though, was the fact that my older sister, Laura, knew 3 MONTHS before hand! After I found out about this I completely ignored both my parents and my sister for an entire week. Why did she get 3 months-time to say good-bye to her friends and I had to cram it into 1 day!?

Anyways, the positive sides were that I still had some summer vacation left after we moved, and our new house was 1000x better than our old one; more space, a massive backyard, and my room has a balcony!

However, all good things must come to an end, and before I knew it, school started. Going from a public school where the size of your grade is like 400 kids, to a private school where the size of your grade is like 115, is something I really need to get used to. But it’s not the size of the grade that made starting at this school ‘interesting’…